Posted 09 January 2013 - 19:05

Nowt wrong with a bit of offal.

#17 +AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• 5,508 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 09 January 2013 - 19:53

I don't see how the restaurant is at fault. Either the chicken arrives pre-cut or it is cut on site. There's no way to visually verify what is actually within each section (or not) without shredding it up.

This could happen anywhere - including at home.

This. I mean really? This is that upsetting to you guys? I see it as yet another example of how soft people have become. It's a piece of scrap that accidentally got sorted incorrectly. As the article states, it's a kidney and not harmful. That's what happens when you mass process food as fast as possible. Don't go to a fast food place, and you probably will be far less likely to see mistakes like these. But really, you're ok with the fact that the meat is already a dead animal, but when a piece of kidney accidentally gets chopped in then all the sudden you're sick and that's where you draw the line? Seems kind of silly to me. Even one generation ago it was far more common for people to go hunting for food. Then you get to cut open the animal and rip all these parts out yourself. Do that a couple of times and I bet a little piece of kidney wouldn't bother you so much.

#18 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 12,778 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 20:42

Thats not brains, it's just fat that takes up that textures after it fries, i've seen it several times either at popeyes or KFC, put the side, continue stuffing face :p

#19 +SharpGreen

SharpGreen

Now with built-in BS detector.

• 2,275 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Nexus

Posted 09 January 2013 - 20:50

Ha...its kind of funny that as I'm viewing this thread there's an Ad at the top of the page for KFC coupons.

#20 Ryoken

Ryoken

The Other Other White Meat

• 2,295 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S, Nexus 7, iPad Mini

Posted 09 January 2013 - 20:59

It's been deep fried, not like it's not safe to eat.. or at least no worse than anything else you eat at KFC :p

#21 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 16,692 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 21:04

KFC should of charged extra. Some cultures, that is a delicacy.

#22 sagum

sagum

Unicorn Doctor

• 1,710 posts
  • Phone: LG E900 & Lumia` 610/520/920

Posted 09 January 2013 - 21:31

KFC should of charged extra. Some cultures, that is a delicacy.

I was just about to post this ^. It's a freebie included with the chicken they don't normally get and they complained?

They're eating a deep fried animal off the bone.. how can they be disgusted by 'brains' or any other extra part of the body.. maybe they assumed it was some kid's brain or something. Goes to show that they have NO clue at all what they're eating if they think that's where the brain is. Have they even seen a chicken's head before?

Seriously, they need to start giving proper schooling where they cut animals up for the kids so kids know what the they're eating before we get too scared to look at anything uncooked, unprocessed and not pre-packed.

#23 brianshapiro

brianshapiro

Neowinian Senior

• 2,923 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 21:52

Seriously, they need to start giving proper schooling where they cut animals up for the kids so kids know what the they're eating before we get too scared to look at anything uncooked, unprocessed and not pre-packed.

Used to have dissection in more classrooms.

But it would be better if people just learned to prepare their own food from scratch, and involved their kids in the kitchen, show them the giblets. Use them, instead of throwing them away. Chopped liver is good.

#24 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,471 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 22:00

This. I mean really? This is that upsetting to you guys? I see it as yet another example of how soft people have become. It's a piece of scrap that accidentally got sorted incorrectly. As the article states, it's a kidney and not harmful. That's what happens when you mass process food as fast as possible. Don't go to a fast food place, and you probably will be far less likely to see mistakes like these. But really, you're ok with the fact that the meat is already a dead animal, but when a piece of kidney accidentally gets chopped in then all the sudden you're sick and that's where you draw the line? Seems kind of silly to me. Even one generation ago it was far more common for people to go hunting for food. Then you get to cut open the animal and rip all these parts out yourself. Do that a couple of times and I bet a little piece of kidney wouldn't bother you so much.

Ha, thank you, voice of reason! I logged in from this other computer just so I could say something like this, but then I saw your reply. I mean damn, people eat chicken liver all the time, is the kidney really that much different? I don't like liver but I'm not going to throw a hissy fit if I get one by mistake. It's a part that accidentally didn't get tossed out, who cares. Man, people are wimps these days.

#25 briangw

briangw

The best damn band in the land!!!

• 3,407 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 09 January 2013 - 22:13

Yeah, you can buy cans of pork brains. What's the big deal? It looks like it's cooked. lol.

#26 Gladiatorus

Gladiatorus

Neowinian

• 1,045 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 22:13

:x

#27 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 22:21

I'm hungry!

#28 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 60,835 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 23:01

My first thought would have been, chickens have brains ... ? :laugh:

#29 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:20

I would have never ate there again if I had gotten that.

#30 Luis Mazza

Luis Mazza

Neowinian

• 1,733 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:47

The kidney was not really fried. But the boy needs a tour through KFC's and his neighborhood's butchery. :p

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!