57 replies to this topic

#31 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:11

2 dogs, Border Collie & a Terrier Cross

---
@ Dog Owners: Can you point at something in the room and your dog actually look at the place you are pointing rather than your finger?

My Collie can, if I say something like "Get your ball" she might look all over the place for it, but if I call her name and point at it, she looks at where I am pointing and finds it first time

#32 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

I'm sorry, do you still exist?

• 1,776 posts
  • Phone: Stock LG Nexus 5

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:17

---
@ Dog Owners: Can you point at something in the room and your dog actually look at the place you are pointing rather than your finger?

My Collie can, if I say something like "Get your ball" she might look all over the place for it, but if I call her name and point at it, she looks at where I am pointing and finds it first time

My dog (RIP, I miss him so much. He passed in Sept) would always look where I pointed! I had him for 13 years, got him when he was 6 weeks old :(

This pic is of him a week before he passed. He got sick extremely quick. The second pic is of him enjoying the rain a few years ago ;)

Attached Images

• 2012-09-10 19.01.24.png
  • 29736_437020825349_3172920_n.jpg

#33 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:27

My dog (RIP, I miss him so much. He passed in Sept) would always look where I pointed! I had him for 13 years, got him when he was 6 weeks old :(

This pic is of him a week before he passed. He got sick extremely quick.

Aww, yea I'm not looking forward to that time, its not what you think about when you get a dog until you've had them a long time, mines only 7 right now so possibly another 7-8 years left fingers crossed but shes going deaf already

#34 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

• 1,776 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:33

Aww, yea I'm not looking forward to that time, its not what you think about when you get a dog until you've had them a long time, mines only 7 right now so possibly another 7-8 years left fingers crossed but shes going deaf already

They really do live a short life when it comes down to it. But I have to admit, when I look back at the 13 years I had with him, it's amazing the things you remember. He'd gone through so much with me through his life. I do plan to get another dog soon (I love dogs and can't imagine not having their personalities around me!) but I'm taking a little break to enjoy not having the responsibility for a little while ;)

#35 Daedroth

Daedroth

Neowinian

• 1,119 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:36

We have a gorgeous fluffy black cat named Juno.

Attached Images

• 249894_10150203550900588_182683_n.jpg

#36 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:39

They really do live a short life when it comes down to it. But I have to admit, when I look back at the 13 years I had with him, it's amazing the things you remember. He'd gone through so much with me through his life. I do plan to get another dog soon (I love dogs and can't imagine not having their personalities around me!) but I'm taking a little break to enjoy not having the responsibility for a little while ;)

Yea I think I'm going to have a break after mine leaves us too, not so much the responsibility, but the hairs and the dust everywhere lol, I go to peoples pet free houses and think 'wow... a house can be THIS clean without dogs?' lol

#37 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

• 1,776 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:40

Yea I think I'm going to have a break after mine leaves us too, not so much the responsibility, but the hairs and the dust everywhere lol, I go to peoples pet free houses and think 'wow... a house can be THIS clean without dogs?' lol

LOL Very true. My guy shed like a fiend. I bet if I looked hard enough, I could still find some of his hair somewhere hahaha.

#38 cork1958

cork1958

Neowinian

• 8,465 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:47

2 Chihuahua's and a Cockatiel bird. No pic of the bird on this computer.

Stupid site uploaded the same pic twice!! Fixed now.

Have always had a pet, usually at least 1 of them has been a Chihuahua.

Attached Images

• PICT0005.JPG

#39 u2_storm

u2_storm

Some IT person...

• 388 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:52

That's a brilliant picture!

#40 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,307 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 13:47

Here's my rescued pitbull.
Posted Image

#41 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 14:02

Pitbulls are great dogs, shame they get such a bad rep. Thats a handsome looking dog.

#42 boumboqc

boumboqc

Just Throlling Around

• 348 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 11 January 2013 - 14:02

2 schnauzer.

Attached Images

• WP_000267.jpg

#43 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,307 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 14:13

Pitbulls are great dogs, shame they get such a bad rep. Thats a handsome looking dog.

yeah he's a sweet dog hes cool with people I bring in the house but if its strangers show up he gets loud and territorial which i like since i cant be home all the time he guards the house. But as far as being vicious nah hes good around kids and loves to play. Just not keen on sudden visitors.

---

if I say wheres your toy my pitty will look until he finds it i never really trained him to do that he just did it on his own. I also can point and tellem to "get it" and he'll get his toy.

#44 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

• 811 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 11 January 2013 - 14:17

---

yeah mine does most of the time, sometimes if hes being awkward though he will look at my finger
I read somewhere that dogs are the only animal that can understand humans perception of direction and that why they look. Don't know if its true

also if I say wheres mum, he will run to the window and just sit and wait until my mum comes home :) or if we are in the car he jumps up on the parcel shelf and looks for her

#45 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 14:43

yeah mine does most of the time, sometimes if hes being awkward though he will look at my finger
I read somewhere that dogs are the only animal that can understand humans perception of direction and that why they look. Don't know if its true

also if I say wheres mum, he will run to the window and just sit and wait until my mum comes home :) or if we are in the car he jumps up on the parcel shelf and looks for her

haha yea I can get them to run to the front door or window if I say things like that

Also I noticed after a while, when the missus was on her way home I would put the kettle on for her and they learned when I put the kettle on at a certain time of day, that meant she was almost home, they would ignore the kettle the rest of the day before that

And I'm still a bit confused as to how they know this, when I have them out the back and shes walking here from her mums house a couple streets away, they start barking and scratting at the back door knowing shes on her way

The only thing I can think is they can smell her perfume, because the street she walks along is a full 3 houses away at the front and they are out the back