vita sony kazou hirao ces playstation

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 10 January 2013 - 14:39

If that were true people would by buying them and devs would be making games for it.

Pretty hard to justify the cost of buying a Vita if there are only a handful of games that are considered good.
At least Nintendo got smart and slashed the price on the 3DS when they weren't selling. Sony isn't exactly known for making smart business decisions.

im holding out for Sony's press conference in February. I'd hope to see a price drop on the Vita.

@DL - i just watched the IGN review of Persona 4. the game looks amazing, albeit not right for me.

#17 OP compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:01

I can't beleive that with all the things they (pretty obviously) did wrong, that they originally expected to sell 10 million vitas in a year.

10M does seem pretty ambitious, although I don't know what Sony's projections were for the PSP in its first year.

I guess the only way they could revise the numbers is after they saw what they've done wrong.

#18 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 11 January 2013 - 20:55

If that were true people would by buying them and devs would be making games for it.

Really? So the best movies are only the ones that were top at the box office? They have to be right? Those are the only ones that sold tickets no?
It is clearly the best dedicated gaming device from a hardware perspective. The analog sticks. The power of it. Again, as far as dedicated GAMING hardware devices, and hardcore games, not this whole "casual" gaming market, it is widely accepted by those who are not blinded by bias, to be the best. 3DS is a close second, but still, Vita is a tad better from a hardware perspective. Sales have zero to do with this fact.

#19 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 11 January 2013 - 21:53

Vita is a more powerful device, that also doesn't make it a "better" device. it's more capable at recreating the home console experience. the issue of course is that, people don't want that on the go, that doesn't mean they want "casual" games either. just that Sony did a swing and miss on their target.

Casual gamers don't want it because it doesn't have the games for them and is to expensive. core gamers don't want it, because they'd rather play those core games on their home consoles not on a handheld that despite being the best device for the purpose, isn't that good for the purpose, or they simply don't want to play them on the go.