Is Fallout 4 on its way?

With all of the attention on The Elder Scrolls, thanks to the sterling performance of Skyrimand its DLC, Bethesda?s other open world RPG series, Fallout, may have been left in the cold for a while, but that may end soon.

Erik Todd Dellums, the voice actor who lent his talents to the post apocalyptic DJ ThreeDog, who could be heard spreading news and golden oldies to the denizens of the DC Wasteland, has posted a tweet that suggests another instalment is on the way.

"To all my Fallout 3 and ThreeDog fans: There may be more of the Dog coming! Fingers crossed!"read his tweet.

As well as this he also stated that he was given permission to release the info, ?How was that for a tease! I was given permission to release that tease, so fingers crossed.? To which he followed with?No details?.

This presumably means Bethesda is planning some form of official announcement and wanted to get the rumour mill and anticipation building ahead of time, and unless ThreeDog has some form of ancient relative working as a town crier in Tamriel, Fallout is an odds-on favourite. More news as it comes.

http://www.denofgeek.com/games/24030/fallout-4-on-the-way

Think it was more a when than an if, can't wait to see what it looks like with Skyrim engine, hopefully it will be more than just a flat desert, pretty sure you will still get rain, snow, etc.... after an apocalypse.

Probably hear something at E3.

I'd welcome a Fallout 4, just no MMO, I like the single player aspect of the games.

Me too. The elder scrolls is just going to be an a-typical mmorpg without the single player features that made the game fun and different. I doubt anyone can replicate the success of Blizzard now as very few ideas have added that sets other titles apart.

Just hope they don't go bankrupt over it and learn their lesson. Although I have a feeling they are doing this also for the next-gen consoles so they may be pinning their hopes on that more than the PC market.

I absolutely adored Fallout3, it's a great game. I didn't get on as well with New Vega's it just didn't have the same feel / soul as Fallout3, i was massively addicted to that game.

Cant wait for a Fallout 4 on the skyrim engine.

Hope its better than New Vegas, if true. Fall Out 3 was very fun but I wasnt really feeling Vegas. Those games tend to be long and because of this, needs to keep the players attention. For me, Vegas just didnt bring enough new things to the table. Plus, it was buggy as hell when it came out.

I'd welcome a Fallout 4, just no MMO, I like the single player aspect of the games.

agreed, plus part of what made 3 & new vegas so fun was their modability

new vegas just wouldn't be the same without mods like Project Nevada and A World Of Pain and a few others

• Like 1

I don't care what anyone says I LOVE fallout. Its the only game I can think of that makes me have character feeling. When I play fallout I actually feel alone and on my own.

If I can change something though it would be more of a feeling of accomplishment. I would like to do something like fix power and when you go to the towns they have lights or you fix water etc... not just in the ending credit video. actually have it happen in game for me to see.

• Some possible details have popped up online in regards to the upcoming rumored video game, ?Fallout 4.? According to a report byGamingBolt on Jan. 11, the sequel will take place in Boston with a mix of ?cyberpunk and retro-futurism.? It also features several gameplay and storyline changes when compared to ?Fallout 3? and the experience system in?The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.? You can check out some screens from the latest ?The Elder Scrolls? title in the slideshow at the top of this article and the details below (courtesy ofGamingBolt):

• First and foremost, the game will take place in Boston, and be kind of a direct sequel to Fallout 3 with a few groups returning.
  • From what it sounds like, ?The Institute? is pretty much the downtown DC or New Vegas of this game. Boston is going to be unlike anything we?ve seen in a Fallout game before, with buildings more on par with cyberpunk and retro-futurism.
  • Androids play a big part in this game. The railroad from Fallout 3 is a faction. The enemies of the railroad is ?the Plantation? ? a group who force Androids to farm so that Humans can get food. The Institute is highly advanced and probably obtained or built their own GECK to start a farm.
  • Due to complaints about using Super Mutants and the Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout 3 excessively and going against the lore too much, Bethesda has decided to avoid using these groups. Bethesda wants to make a new ?race? (think Ghoul, Super Mutant) which will be central to Boston. Bethesda is currently looking at Lovecraftian fiction since Boston is around ?Lovecraft Country?.
  • Bethesda has no plans to reinvent the leveling up system to make it more like Skyrim and want to make Fallout 4 more distinct from Skyrim since of the complaints that Oblivion and Fallout 3 were too similar. Bethesda is thinking about introducing a system, similar to Skyrim, where your skills can level up if you perform certain tasks.

Despite ongoing rumors and speculations, Bethesda Softworks has not yet formally announce the existence of ?Fallout 4.?

I hope that the opening scene is three dog getting shot with a mini nuke, and his remaining body parts falling down into a subway filled with glowing ones.

At least I'm not the only one who thought he was annoying.

At least I'm not the only one who thought he was annoying.

The music on the station was fine, but man was he annoying. I never did use the radio much, but when I did I think it was either the Enclave one or Agatha's radio.

• Like 1

I hope they put longer shows on the radio. Considering how many hours a game like fallout soaks up, you'd think they'd have longer radio shows.

The music on the station was fine, but man was he annoying. I never did use the radio much, but when I did I think it was either the Enclave one or Agatha's radio.

Exactly. I loved the game. But he annoys me so bad, that now I blast him after I finish the quest. Then you get that old lady on there, but if you visit the station, there's no one but the BoS there. LMAO!

• Bethesda has no plans to reinvent the leveling up system to make it more like Skyrim and want to make Fallout 4 more distinct from Skyrim since of the complaints that Oblivion and Fallout 3 were too similar. Bethesda is thinking about introducing a system, similar to Skyrim, where your skills can level up if you perform certain tasks.

Uh, I don't understand what the hell that means. They don't want to reinvent the system to a more Skyrim-like system but...they are thinking of putting in a system similar to Skyrim? :s

Uh, I don't understand what the hell that means. They don't want to reinvent the system to a more Skyrim-like system but...they are thinking of putting in a system similar to Skyrim? :s

I think they meant the actual levelling system (character level) wont be like skyrim however the weapon and skill levelling might be similar to skyrim (use it to level it)

I'd much prefer a levelling system like Oblivion/Skyrim (where using a skill makes you more proficient at it, rather than having to put points into it). There's a bunch of skills that I've just never thought my character would need, just to find out that at late game stages are actually kinda useful (And then I have to grind enough levels to put points into them, throwing everything else off), but I can imagine that setup annoying diehard fans (It simply being made by Bethesda annoys those fans anyway, so meh)