fallout 4

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:14

I hope that the opening scene is three dog getting shot with a mini nuke, and his remaining body parts falling down into a subway filled with glowing ones.

At least I'm not the only one who thought he was annoying.

#17 JaredFrost

JaredFrost

Neowinian

• 1,343 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:29

That's unfortunate, the experience system is what I liked the least about Skyrim, in fact I would say it sucks.

#18 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• 19,413 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:40

At least I'm not the only one who thought he was annoying.

The music on the station was fine, but man was he annoying. I never did use the radio much, but when I did I think it was either the Enclave one or Agatha's radio.

#19 OP compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,404 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 13 January 2013 - 14:27

I hope they put longer shows on the radio. Considering how many hours a game like fallout soaks up, you'd think they'd have longer radio shows.

#20 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 14:56

Yes, Chatterbox FM style. Where a guy calls in and talks about cooking possums. And pidgeons - like fortune cookies with wings. Squirrels... are not so good, they taste like goldfish.

#21 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 15:56

The music on the station was fine, but man was he annoying. I never did use the radio much, but when I did I think it was either the Enclave one or Agatha's radio.

Exactly. I loved the game. But he annoys me so bad, that now I blast him after I finish the quest. Then you get that old lady on there, but if you visit the station, there's no one but the BoS there. LMAO!

#22 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

• 4,928 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 22:19

• Bethesda has no plans to reinvent the leveling up system to make it more like Skyrim and want to make Fallout 4 more distinct from Skyrim since of the complaints that Oblivion and Fallout 3 were too similar. Bethesda is thinking about introducing a system, similar to Skyrim, where your skills can level up if you perform certain tasks.

http://www.examiner....ut-3-and-skyrim

Uh, I don't understand what the hell that means. They don't want to reinvent the system to a more Skyrim-like system but...they are thinking of putting in a system similar to Skyrim? :s

#23 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• 1,704 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 15 January 2013 - 14:39

Uh, I don't understand what the hell that means. They don't want to reinvent the system to a more Skyrim-like system but...they are thinking of putting in a system similar to Skyrim? :s

I think they meant the actual levelling system (character level) wont be like skyrim however the weapon and skill levelling might be similar to skyrim (use it to level it)

#24 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

• 19,413 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:25

I'd much prefer a levelling system like Oblivion/Skyrim (where using a skill makes you more proficient at it, rather than having to put points into it). There's a bunch of skills that I've just never thought my character would need, just to find out that at late game stages are actually kinda useful (And then I have to grind enough levels to put points into them, throwing everything else off), but I can imagine that setup annoying diehard fans (It simply being made by Bethesda annoys those fans anyway, so meh)

#25 Salutary7

Salutary7

Neowinian

• 459 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:47

It would make a lot of sense to push the new game after the release of the next gen consoles. Expect it to be out holiday 2014?

#26 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• 1,704 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:51

I'd much prefer a levelling system like Oblivion/Skyrim (where using a skill makes you more proficient at it, rather than having to put points into it). There's a bunch of skills that I've just never thought my character would need, just to find out that at late game stages are actually kinda useful (And then I have to grind enough levels to put points into them, throwing everything else off), but I can imagine that setup annoying diehard fans (It simply being made by Bethesda annoys those fans anyway, so meh)

ya like the more you talk and win the speech challenges the more it levels. It still lets you build your character because it will obviously be stronger at things you do and weak in things you don't. (melee char as opposed to ranged or firearms character).

#27 macel

macel

Up the Irons!

• 1,171 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:07

As opposed to grinding that one skill to get it high enough to be useful? I don't really see any difference here.. other than that Skyrim system would never fit a Fallout game :)

#28 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

• 19,413 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:24

You still need to grind either way, but the oblivion system doesn't require you to plan out skill point progression ahead of time.

#29 Teebor

Teebor

Neowinian Senior

• 3,649 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:43

Hey there Nifty America, This is your president John Henry Eden speaking... Only joking this is Three DAWG!!

hehe Loved that radio station and that it updates. I Miss Three Dog while I'm playing New Vegas :(