10 posts in this topic

Posted

Who would have thought that the future of weight loss might lie in the hands of the inventor of the Segway? Dean Kamen, creator of the two-wheeled wonder, along with a team from Aspire Bariatrics, of Philadelphia, has applied for a patent for a pump that can suck food and drink straight out of the stomach.

Users are able to stuff their face before draining their stomach by connecting the pump to a valve surgically installed in their abdominal wall. The makers hope to use it to treat the morbidly obese, and to provide an alternative to a gastric bypass.

[color="#33cc00"][b][size="2"][i]The Device[/i][/size][/b][/color]
To begin Aspiration Therapy, a specially designed tube, known as the A-Tube

Posted

[quote]The makers hope to use it to treat the morbidly obese, and to provide an alternative to a gastric bypass.[/quote]

So instead of dealing with the root cause, find a way for people to continue their unhealthy lifestyles?
1 person likes this

Posted

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5db_1357732805

Posted

[quote name='compl3x' timestamp='1357831790' post='595444998']
So instead of dealing with the root cause, find a way for people to continue their unhealthy lifestyles?
[/quote]

Typical of American "progressives" ignore the cause, find someone else to blame, never deal with the actual problem, it's what they do for everything

Posted

I think I'd prefer throwing up over surgery. :s

Posted

*barf*
:x

Posted

[quote name='z0phi3l' timestamp='1357832185' post='595445022']
Typical of American "progressives" ignore the cause, find someone else to blame, never deal with the actual problem, it's what they do for everything
[/quote]

Human nature, independent of progressive or conservative.

Progressive = advocating or favoring gradual social, political, and economic reform
Conservative = preserve things as they are, emphasizing stability and continuity

The idea of this device freaks me out to be honest.

Posted

[/quote]

[quote name='Jason Stillion' timestamp='1357832903' post='595445074']
Human nature, independent of progressive or conservative.

Progressive = advocating or favoring gradual social, political, and economic reform
Conservative = preserve things as they are, emphasizing stability and continuity, while others, called reactionaries, oppose modernism

[/quote]

Yeah. I didn't understand what this had to do with political leanings. I consider myself progressive, yet I oppose this. This is a bad idea because it solves nothing.

Posted

Is it cheaper than $2 swimming pool ticket? or $20 monthly pass?

No? I'll pass.

Posted

[/quote]

I'd say it's more of a Human thing, especially in the West. I've seen someone here in the UK who'd had their jaw wired so they could only drink liquid food through a straw poking French Fries through the the holes...