IE10 and CSS problem...

Question

Hello,

Me and a friend made a website for my families holiday apartment (www.stleonard.info)

The background ( a photo ) should be remaining still, while a banner at the top should scroll with the rest of the page....

if your using chrome, or any other browser then you will see that this works...

IE10 however, you will notice that the background and the overlay at the top with the text and flag banner remains locked also and does not scroll with the page...

here is the css code:

body
{
font-family: Verdana;
background-image:url(../images/banner.png), url(../images/bg.jpg);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-size: auto auto, 100% auto;
background-position:50% 20px,50% 0%;
background-attachment:scroll, fixed;
margin: 0px 0px;
padding: 0px;
text-align: center;
color: #043f7c;
}

[/CODE]

Is there a line of code needs to replace the background-attachment attribute? if this changes wont it mess up all the other browsers?

if anyone knows the answer to this - it would be most appreciated..

Thanks

Alex

11 answers to this question

Its working fine for me as well, can you show us screencast of problem you are facing. Scrolling is fine for me.

my problem:

~Snipped~

It is working as expected, on my IE10, it does not do the behaviour you showed me as a issue.

hmm, odd as it did work in ie9 and 8 - since upgrading to ie10 - now it fails to work.

I have also tried to change the background-attachment - to either scroll or fixed - and that does work. only one or the other - not both?!

This is happening on Win8 IE10, and when in compatibility mode the background doesn't show at all...

post-412302-0-15083600-1357915351.png

compatibility mode means it uses IE7 engine so that would indeed look very bad...

tried the IE edge meta tag?