10 posts in this topic

Posted

[font=georgia,serif][size=5][b]LG Nexus 4 Production Stopped for Company

Posted

Don't think we would see an announcement outside of Google I/O to be honest.

Posted

This is ridiculous: they were unable to deliver the Nexus4 and are planning to churn out a new device already?

As nice as the N4 might be I don't think Google should be partnering again with LG for a new Nexus branded phone unless they can guarantee they'll be shipping enough units to keep up with demand.
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='ichi' timestamp='1357897472' post='595447082']
This is ridiculous: they were unable to deliver the Nexus4 and are planning to churn out a new device already?

As nice as the N4 might be I don't think Google should be partnering again with LG for a new Nexus branded phone unless they can guarantee they'll be shipping enough units to keep up with demand.
[/quote]

100% agree, they gave LG a chance and they ****ed up, no one at my work or even my sister can buy a N4 as they are always sold out!

Posted

[quote name='HoochieMamma' timestamp='1357897943' post='595447088']
100% agree, they gave LG a chance and they ****ed up, no one at my work or even my sister can't buy a N4 as they are always sold out!
[/quote]
So they all can buy N4, even though they're sold out?

Posted

[quote name='Pupik' timestamp='1357898902' post='595447098']
So they all can buy N4, even though they're sold out?
[/quote]

Alright man, typo.

Posted

I think the problem was google's fault mis-underestimating the demand. As for nexus4 production stopping i highly doubt that. Rumours point to the nexus being unveiled at google i/o in may. Nexus4 has only been out for a short time, i can't see them stopping sales, i doubt they would have made a profit selling so few phones.

I'm hoping we'll get a 5" 1080p, 2ghz tegra4 in the next nexus and 13mp camera and actually have it run at it's full speed this time, this thinness obsession needs to stop.

Posted

If LG truly has halted production (Which I doubt) and Google allows them to continue to manufacture devices under the "Nexus" umbrella, they are complete morons. LG totally left Google in a horrible position. I don't agree that it was Google's underestimating that caused the issue. Google was warned well before hand that LG would not be able to keep up as well as Samsung has been able to when it comes to manufacturing of the handsets.
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='torrentthief' timestamp='1357900115' post='595447108']
I think the problem was google's fault mis-underestimating the demand. As for nexus4 production stopping i highly doubt that. Rumours point to the nexus being unveiled at google i/o in may. Nexus4 has only been out for a short time, i can't see them stopping sales, i doubt they would have made a profit selling so few phones.

I'm hoping we'll get a 5" 1080p, 2ghz tegra4 in the next nexus and 13mp camera and actually have it run at it's full speed this time, this thinness obsession needs to stop.
[/quote]

They should have known better, that $299 price without a contract was all it would take to get people to notice.

Posted

[quote name='I am Reid' timestamp='1357927094' post='595447854']
They should have known better, that $299 price without a contract was all it would take to get people to notice.
[/quote]

exactly i know loads of people that was planning on getting the phone as a backup and or replacement for a older phone