20 posts in this topic

Posted

[img]http://i.imgur.com/j3Gkq.jpg[/img]
[quote]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Back in April, [url="http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/17/paint-park-treasure-park-and-wake-up-club-coming-to-ps-vita-for-free/"]we unveiled[/url] a host of new applications coming to [url="http://blog.us.playstation.com/category/ps-vita/"]PS Vita[/url], including Wake-up Club, a new interactive way to start your day with other PS Vita owners. Next Tuesday, the application will be available to download for free on the PS Vita PlayStation Store in North America![/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Let

Posted

Wow.. this should certainly help push Vita sales along!
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='jerzdawg' timestamp='1357915626' post='595447500']
Wow.. this should certainly help push Vita sales along!
[/quote]

This app has been in demand ever since it was released in Japan. Surprised it's taken so long to get to other regions. I'm still waiting for Netflix to hit the EU/UK :(

Posted

Excitement over an alarm clock app? :s
2 people like this

Posted

wow. no one is going to use this. How about some more vita games instead of an alarm clock.
2 people like this

Posted

[quote]
+ [url="http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/10/start-your-morning-with-wake-up-club-for-ps-vita-next-week/comment-page-1/#comment-800007"]Don Mesa[/url] on January 10th, 2013 at 3:19 pm said:
1. Yes each night there will be 12 random people you are paired with.
2. Different alarm tones can be chosen from the list provided by the app. [b]There will be future DLCs with new alarm tones and themes.[/b]
[/quote]

This has gone too far. DLC for an alarm app. Its bad enough people are excited in the comments section for an alarm app but DLC... What a strange world we live in.

Posted

Don't like it, don't download it. Seems pretty simple.

It seems like a fun app.

Posted

This is perhaps the dumbest "app," and I use that world lightly, that I have personally ever seen. I truly do not get it. Compete on waking up with complete strangers?
I actually have to download it and try it out just to see how dumb it actually is. :laugh:
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='compl3x' timestamp='1357922725' post='595447774']
Don't like it, don't download it. Seems pretty simple.

It seems like a fun app.
[/quote]
Not the point, with Vita sales lower than expected (Sonys words not mine) they should focus on actual GAMES (as said above) to help push sales along instead of this bs, DLC really?
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='jerzdawg' timestamp='1357940867' post='595448382']
Not the point, with Vita sales lower than expected (Sonys words not mine) they should focus on actual GAMES (as said above) to help push sales along instead of this bs, DLC really?
[/quote]

No, it's exactly the point. Making this app isn't draining all of their resources and attention.

Posted

Trophies for waking up on time, I would get it :rofl:

This seems like something Apple would release and we would have millions of people saying it was a revolutionary alarm clock. When Sony does it, not so much. Not really exciting at all.

Posted

[quote name='Audioboxer' timestamp='1358000352' post='595449524']
This seems like something Apple would release and we would have millions of people saying it was a revolutionary alarm clock. When Sony does it, not so much. Not really exciting at all.
[/quote]

I was going to say something similar, but I didn't dare. You are braver than I.

Posted

[quote name='Audioboxer' timestamp='1358000352' post='595449524']
Trophies for waking up on time, I would get it :rofl:

[/quote]
Perhaps, though I would still personally say it was dumb as **** if Apple released it as well. Everyone is an equal opportunity sucker in my book. :laugh:

Posted

Sony is trying to diversify the apps on the Vita. I don't see how this is a bad thing.

Posted

[quote name='compl3x' timestamp='1358008527' post='595449718']
Sony is trying to diversify the apps on the Vita. I don't see how this is a bad thing.
[/quote]
I never said that within itself was a bad thing. In fact it is a very good thing.
It is however my personal opinion this app itself is a bad thing.
I am all for different apps and making the Vita more appealing then it currently is. Hell, I have a vested interest in it since I own one, so the better it can be, I am all for it. I just do not find this particular app appealing or interesting in the slightest. That's all.

Posted

[img]http://i.imgur.com/A3R2r.png[/img]

Posted

I'm not seeing this in the store. What category is it under? I am not seeing it under apps.

Posted

It shows up at the top of the app section for me.

Don't understand the issue with a simple app like this, the DS had an alarm clock that I used from time to time so I don't see the problem with the Vita having something of it's own.

Posted

[quote name='compl3x' timestamp='1358711626' post='595466404']
I'm not seeing this in the store. What category is it under? I am not seeing it under apps.
[/quote]

You would be the EU store wouldn't you? We haven't had it yet, think it releases on the 30th

Posted

I'm still not seeing it. It's the 31st here. Anyone got any ideas?