Start Your Morning With Wake-up Club For PS Vita Next Week

j3Gkq.jpg

Back in April, we unveiled a host of new applications coming to PS Vita, including Wake-up Club, a new interactive way to start your day with other PS Vita owners. Next Tuesday, the application will be available to download for free on the PS Vita PlayStation Store in North America!

Let?s face it: getting up in the morning isn?t something we usually look forward to, but Wake-up Club adds some social fun into the mix to make getting out of bed more bearable. In addition to adding alarm clock functionality to PS Vita for the first time, including the ability to personalize your alarm tone and background theme, Wake-up Club matches 12 randomly selected players who set their alarm clock at the same time into a?you guessed it?wake-up club!

As soon as your alarm goes off, your avatar will begin bouncing around the PS Vita touchscreen. Tapping your avatar lets other players know you?re now awake. Once in the virtual club room, you can see other players? avatars, as well as who?s awake and who?s still sleeping. Tapping the sleeping players? avatars will ?cheer? them on. If you happen to keep snoozing though, you?ll notice that the rest of the Wake-up Club players will begin appearing on your screen. Swipe them away and tap your avatar to join the rest of the group. Additionally, you can send friend requests and find out more information about each player by tapping their avatar. Make sure to check out your club records to see how many times you?ve managed to wake up within five minutes, how many consecutive successes you?ve managed, and the average time it takes you to wake up.

To get set up with Wake-up Club, access your PS Vita system?s Settings menu, choose Date & Time, then Date & Time Settings. Ensure that Set Automatically is ticked. Then you?re good to go! Be sure to check out Wake-up Club when it launches on the PS Vita PlayStation Store next Tuesday, January 15th. Happy snoozing!

l5rIQ.jpg

http://blog.us.plays...vita-next-week/

Wow.. this should certainly help push Vita sales along!

This app has been in demand ever since it was released in Japan. Surprised it's taken so long to get to other regions. I'm still waiting for Netflix to hit the EU/UK :(

+ Don Mesa on January 10th, 2013 at 3:19 pm said:

1. Yes each night there will be 12 random people you are paired with.

2. Different alarm tones can be chosen from the list provided by the app. There will be future DLCs with new alarm tones and themes.

This has gone too far. DLC for an alarm app. Its bad enough people are excited in the comments section for an alarm app but DLC... What a strange world we live in.

This is perhaps the dumbest "app," and I use that world lightly, that I have personally ever seen. I truly do not get it. Compete on waking up with complete strangers?

I actually have to download it and try it out just to see how dumb it actually is. :laugh:

Don't like it, don't download it. Seems pretty simple.

It seems like a fun app.

Not the point, with Vita sales lower than expected (Sonys words not mine) they should focus on actual GAMES (as said above) to help push sales along instead of this bs, DLC really?

Not the point, with Vita sales lower than expected (Sonys words not mine) they should focus on actual GAMES (as said above) to help push sales along instead of this bs, DLC really?

No, it's exactly the point. Making this app isn't draining all of their resources and attention.

Trophies for waking up on time, I would get it :rofl:

This seems like something Apple would release and we would have millions of people saying it was a revolutionary alarm clock. When Sony does it, not so much. Not really exciting at all.

This seems like something Apple would release and we would have millions of people saying it was a revolutionary alarm clock. When Sony does it, not so much. Not really exciting at all.

I was going to say something similar, but I didn't dare. You are braver than I.

Trophies for waking up on time, I would get it :rofl:

Perhaps, though I would still personally say it was dumb as **** if Apple released it as well. Everyone is an equal opportunity sucker in my book. :laugh:

Sony is trying to diversify the apps on the Vita. I don't see how this is a bad thing.

I never said that within itself was a bad thing. In fact it is a very good thing.

It is however my personal opinion this app itself is a bad thing.

I am all for different apps and making the Vita more appealing then it currently is. Hell, I have a vested interest in it since I own one, so the better it can be, I am all for it. I just do not find this particular app appealing or interesting in the slightest. That's all.

It shows up at the top of the app section for me.

Don't understand the issue with a simple app like this, the DS had an alarm clock that I used from time to time so I don't see the problem with the Vita having something of it's own.

I'm not seeing this in the store. What category is it under? I am not seeing it under apps.

You would be the EU store wouldn't you? We haven't had it yet, think it releases on the 30th

• 2 weeks later...