Boot slow, Login slow, apps stop responding- Win 7

Hi there,

I was playing BF3 online and suddenly my game crashes. It says to due some communication error with some punk buster file. System kinda becomes laggy then. couldnt rejoin a game as BF3 would open but would be unresponsive.

So i try to restart the pc, it takes forever to shut down, so i hit the restart button. But after that, it seems to freeze on the boot screen. takes 2 mins to get past it and on to the login screen. then i login, but a black screen for 5 mins. seems like its reloading the user profile for the first time on the system but all my destop icons were there when i finally got there.

My network icon had the blue circle around it like it was loading. but internet was working fine. apps would open but be unresponsive.

I have win 8 installed too on the same pc on dual boot and that works fine.

Any ideas?

I think you should call your hardware engineer or else you may ask for online help too.

There are several remote assistant available online by which you may get feasible solution for your problem.

windows 8 works fine, so we can rule out; cpu,gpu,ram,power supply,motherboard

what are we left with? hard drive. looks like your HDD just bit the bullet. classic symptoms of bad sectors. battlefield died with a file error, laggy performance(disk trying to read files),long loading,weird errors like the login thing. I've seen this too many times.

To be sure, do a thorough scan on that partition,and when you find the bad sectors,time to replace the drive.

In windows,open command prompt, type chkdsk /r C: (or whatever your drive is). the /r option means repair,so it will try to repair if it finds anything.

One thing you have to do right away,backup all your stuff immediately. Bad sectors can keep developing and destroy your data.

I have win 8 installed too on the same pc on dual boot and that works fine.

Any ideas?

I suppose it's on another HDD. You should scan from W8, and run Hard Disk Sentinel while you're at it.