Jurassic World (2015)

Ya, .... Didn't they learn the first time? I mean it's still sort of a plot hole why they decided to open the park after the events of the 1st movie.

I think the point is that we never learn, well that and humans are greedy.

The kid in this movie...is he the same one from this Nissian suv commercial?  I cannot tell.

Nope. He's the kid from the horrible Marvel film named Iron Man 3. 

Nope. He's the kid from the horrible Marvel film named Iron Man 3. 

lol I really enjoyed Iron Man3 - not as good as the first two but still not that bad.

Ya, .... Didn't they learn the first time? I mean it's still sort of a plot hole why they decided to open the park after the events of the 1st movie.

I don't know how its a plot hole. People like making money. The end. 

I think they are going to say the park has been open for some time with no incidents, which is why they are creating the hybrid - to keep attendance from dropping.

naa it's just gonna be your standard disaster movie (i reckon)

scientists meddle with nature

nature wins

stuff goes down

many die

some survive in cat n mouse chase throughout movie

escape from island

end

• Like 1

nature wins

stuff goes down

many die

escape from island

end

Spot on, but so long as they make the journey entertaining.

• Like 2

I feel like IM3 was a let down to be honest. Didn't quite like it. Even the MK42 didn't work lol.. just saying. 

nature wins

stuff goes down

many die

escape from island

end

And what do you expect? An Oscar movie? This franchise has one thing that is certain to light people's imagination, and that is dinosaurs. They don't really need an amazing story, just very good CGI and effects and this will be a hit. Sometimes this is all you need to make a GOOD movie. Take The Mummy, for example. Stupid movie, but the funny moments and, most of all, the Egyptian stuff made it a success at the time. Personally, I don't care if this was done before. If I can see dinosaurs again, and at least as realistic as in the original movie, I'm all for it. 

Spot on, but so long as they make the journey entertaining.

yeah, being a big budget movie, it's bound to be entertaining. I just hope it still has the JP music.

And what do you expect? An Oscar movie? This franchise has one thing that is certain to light people's imagination, and that is dinosaurs. They don't really need an amazing story, just very good CGI and effects and this will be a hit. Sometimes this is all you need to make a GOOD movie. Take The Mummy, for example. Stupid movie, but the funny moments and, most of all, the Egyptian stuff made it a success at the time. Personally, I don't care if this was done before. If I can see dinosaurs again, and at least as realistic as in the original movie, I'm all for it. 

nope, just voicing my opinion, I'm looking forward to it but am not expecting a movie like JP1, that's a classic now.

George Lucas had his turn, and now the Jurassic Park people are raping my childhood. I need a shelter.

How is this raping your childhood? 

• Like 1

How explicit do you want me to be?

Can't be worse than Feig doing the reboot of Ghostbusters I'd tell you. In Jurassic World, they are at least acknowledging Hammond's dream of a full and functional park. Not sure why this is bad? 

Can't be worse than Feig doing the reboot of Ghostbusters I'd tell you. In Jurassic World, they are at least acknowledging Hammond's dream of a full and functional park. Not sure why this is bad? 

It's not really bad, the trailer looks uninteresting to me, but it just gives me a bad feeling. The first one was a great action adventure movie, and it was really movie magic, especially as a kid, to see all the dinosaurs come to life. Like, I really wonder how many kids were influenced by that movie to pursue science and paleontology. I remember collecting Jurassic Park cards, and each new dinosaur I got was beyond cool. This one just screams "easy cashgrab," and in the process of overusing effects and CGI, they've made it less believable than the first one, at least for me. It's like they're literally holding a piece of paper saying "Do you recognize this ######? Buy it!" with it, just like they do with about any Hollywood production these days. You could argue they're doing the same thing with the new Star Wars nowadays, but there for instance, the trailer invoked that sense of movie magic and wonder, like there was actual effort involved. Here, the nostalgia card plays cheap and dirty. Hence, raping my childhood.

But I'll save my judgement for after I see the movie. I know I get too cynical in these threads, but it's mostly due to people being overexcited with anything thrown their way I react that way, I don't really care and I don't view these movies as much more than entertainment.

Everything else is great except one major problem: trained raptors. :pinch: 

Everything else is great except one major problem: trained raptors. :pinch:

At least it isn't trained raptors with lasers mounted on them working for the US government....

• Like 1

At least it isn't trained raptors with lasers mounted on them working for the US government....

:laugh: That actually might have been fun to watch. Turn it into a drinking game :p

They are saving that for the sequel ;)