Jurassic World (2015)

Or it is because of other films coming out near same time...

If it was just that, then Universal would have announced a new date. It is very rare for a film to be pushed back indefinitely like this unless there's major problems with it.

What concerns me is that this new director is doing exactly what Joe Johnston did with JP3. From what I recall, five weeks before filming was suppose to start, Johnston rejected the entire script in order to pursue the "rescue mission" plot.

According to Variety, Trevorrow is rewriting the script: http://variety.com/2013/film/news/universal-delays-jurassic-park-4-release-1200477065/

Filming was suppose to start June 24, so in about six weeks. Sound familiar?

My expectations for this film have plummeted because of this development, coupled with the tweets that have since been deleted, I don't have any faith that this film will be even remotely decent anymore.

Well we've waited this long haven't we :/

I believe that's because the most overrated director in Hollywood, Steven Spielberg, has always been attached to this franchise. Then you add crap writers and Joe Johnston to the mix, we end up with Jurassic Park 3. Just look at the stupid idea Spielberg had where mutated dinosaurs would be used in wars.

Universal needs to get rid of everyone who's been attached to the previous films and start fresh. There's plenty of other talented writers/directors out there that could do a lot better job!

Gareth Edwards comes to mind who wrote/directed Monster (2010). Matt Reeves, Drew Goddard; I would even trust Joss Whedon with this franchise more than the people who've always been attached.

I believe that's because the most overrated director in Hollywood, Steven Spielberg, has always been attached to this franchise. Then you add crap writers and Joe Johnston to the mix, we end up with Jurassic Park 3. Just look at the stupid idea Spielberg had where mutated dinosaurs would be used in wars.

Universal needs to get rid of everyone who's been attached to the previous films and start fresh. There's plenty of other talented writers/directors out there that could do a lot better job!

Gareth Edwards comes to mind who wrote/directed Monster (2010). Matt Reeves, Drew Goddard; I would even trust Joss Whedon with this franchise more than the people who've always been attached.

Colin Trevorrow is that bad?

Am I the only person who thinks Alien Resurrection is good?

Yea I never understood all the hate for it, classic space pirate and disaster movie, with some humor. Looking forward to JP4, I love dinos.

Jurassic_Park_poster.jpg

Safety Not Guaranteed was a fun movie but I think it needs someone who has directed a monster movie so Gareth Edwards seems a good choice

Safety Not Guaranteed was a fun movie but I think it needs someone who has directed a monster movie so Gareth Edwards seems a good choice

Yeah I researched him, be basically has a clean slate so there's some chance he go actually do something good to make a name for himself.

It isn't that he is bad, but a relatively new director coming in and ordering major script changes either suggests the script that Universal approved was absolute rubbish or Trevorrow is going in the same direction as Johnston did with JP3. With only six weeks to filming, and no new release date, it doesn't bode well for the film to be good.

That's just my opinion and I honestly hope that I'm absolutely incorrect and it turns out to be the best film ever, but at this point, I just don't see that happening.

That's just my opinion and I honestly hope that I'm absolutely incorrect and it turns out to be the best film ever, but at this point, I just don't see that happening.

Well wasn't this supposed to be a reboot of somesorts? so they have to get it right!

Well wasn't this supposed to be a reboot of somesorts? so they have to get it right!

New characters in same universe I think

• 2 weeks later...
While we wait for the next official announcement, actor Sam Neill - best known for playing Doctor Alan Grant in 1993's Jurassic Park and 2001's Jurassic Park III - told Stuff.co.nz that he will unlikely reprise the role for Jurassic Park 4. He doesn't detail why, but hints at the reason in a brief comment. "I'm told it's a big reboot, a total re-jig." Producer Frank Marshall said last year that the film will not be a reboot, but a sequel (as expected).

*snipped*

I feel like the filmmakers behind Jurassic Park IV should have this:

Genetically altered dinosaurs that carry weapons? MISTAAAAAKEEEEE!!!!

Reboot the entire franchise? MISTAAAAAKEEEEE!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, I don't know...the fourth Star Trek was pretty good. (Now, the fifth, that's another story entirely.) :)

Old Star Trek movies were not really movies but extended TV shows you could watch in a theater. Sorta like Serenity movie.

Bourne Legacy is fantastic. Easily the best of the Bourne films.

What ???

It's watchable but far from the best.

The first film was decent but the rest were terrible. I wasn't impressed with the second film at all, especially the Godzilla-style ending, and the third film was a train-wreck from the get-go. I'm quite surprised that they're going ahead with Jurassic Park 4, though Hollywood isn't known for its originality.

The first movie was really good. But you are too young to be able to fully grasp how awesome it was back in 1993 (you were only 7 yo). I saw Jurassic Park when i was 16 in a drive-in. It was raining a bit and we were 3 in a jeep. One of the best ******* experience i ever had in a drive in.

What ???

It's watchable but far from the best.

I find that the original Bourne trilogy hasn't aged very well at all & I was expecting to hate the new one, but it was a ton of fun & then some.

The 4th movie is never good.

Alien 4

Terminator 4

The 4th Star Wars

The 4th Bourne

etc

i liked all of them and loved the 4th starwars

A ?reliable source? of JoBlo.com?s has passed along some intriguing plot details for the film, which is set to be directed by Colin Trevorrow. In short, the film will take place at the original site of Jurassic Park, Isla Nublar, which is now fully operational. Yes, we actually get to see Jurassic Park as it was always intended.

Of course, things can?t remain peachy for long. Here are the alleged details:

JURASSIC PARK 4, set in present day Isla Nublar, is now an actual theme park, as originally intended by John Hammond in the first film. It garners 10 million visitors per year and is completely safe ? until it?s not. The park itself is described as very Sea World-esque and includes an area called the Isla Nublar Lagoon. That means underwater dino?s for the first time. No indication of what kind, but there?s concept art showing one of the aquatic dino?s, as part of a show, jumping out of the lagoon and eating a strung up great white shark like it was a fish for a dolphin at sea world.

As part of a show, you ask? That?s right, folks, this will feature ?tamed? dino?s. In fact, our source indicated that the usually menacing Velociraptors (which will finally be muzzled, along with the T-Rex ? until they?re not) will actually be used to help fight the threat, which begins in the form of a new dinosaur, not seen in any of the previous films (and not disclosed to us) shows to be much smarter than originally thought and is the main cause of havoc breaking out at the park.

So, to sum it all up, JURASSIC PARK 4 will take place back on Isla Nublar with a fully operational dinosaur theme park (I?m sure no expense was spared) that?s both prosperous and safe, until a new dinosaur figures out a way to wreak havoc, causing the use of the now tamed Velociraptors (and T-Rex? Unclear) as a means to fighting the threat.

pgjeu89o.gif