Jurassic World (2015)

I actually liked JP3 more than JP2. Not expecting much from this one, but I'll probably end up seeing it anyway.

I wonder if we'll see the old T-Rex? 

I think we will see at least one T-Rex. At least they look menacing, compared to that platypus Spinosaurus in the 3rd movie. Wonder if they still running their systems on UNIX too.

The park is gone, in the book the Costa Rican government levelled it with missiles, in the Lost World film there is a deleted scene where John Hammond (CEO of InGen) nephew at a board meeting talks about how the Isla Nublar Facility (where the park was built) was dismantled and all the assets sold off.

I don't know in which direction they can take the film now, there is a plot thread about a rival company called Biosyn who have been trying for years to get Jurassic Park technology, mainly the DNA. It could be possible, like the Jurassic Park game, that Biosyn sent someone to the island the same day as a Plan B to find Nedry if he didn't turn up with the embryos.

The film could revolve around them finding Nedrys shaving foam can and manufacturing dinosaurs on the mainland and they all escape so the government brings in Alan, Ellie or other past characters back to hunt them down.

Are the punctuation keys broken on your keyboard?

BOT:  Jurassic park (the original) was absolutely great.  It was possibly the avatar of it's time, as the dinosaurs were so real looking for the effects they had back then.  Can't say so much for the story line of the second or third films though....but I'd watch the 4th.   The soundtracks are pretty amazing as well.

• 2 weeks later...

IAN MALCOLM

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

IAN MALCOLM

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

"Yeah, but John, when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the Pirates don't eat the tourists." 

I was on the set of Jurassic Park 4 last week and met one of the stuntmen. He was very nice, but they insisted on hauling him up a wall and dropping him repeatedly for some reason.

I have some pictures I can share later. Nothing all that exciting.

I was on the set of Jurassic Park 4 last week and met one of the stuntmen. He was very nice, but they insisted on hauling him up a wall and dropping him repeatedly for some reason.

Cause the Dinos haven't been added. LoL 

They ripped real vines off a real wall somewhere, and built this fake wall and nailed the vines to it. And put a blue screen (green screen) to the left.

2nte03o.jpg

Somebody reviewing the previously shot scene.

2uz5tz4.jpg

As far as I'm aware, they haven't started filming Jurassic Park 4. In fact, they delayed filming due to rewrites on the script, as you can see from that video Rappy posted.

On June 1, Colin even tweeted they were writing and designing: https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/340993309671579649 But nothing about filming yet and I can't find a single article to suggest filming has started.

ComicBookMovie.com stated "[Colin]'s currently rewriting with Derrick Connelly."

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I find it incredibly difficult to believe that they'd be doing any actual filming, or even set design, before having a completed script. That's what got JP3 in such trouble, Joe Johnston started making major rewrites to the script 5 days before filming began. Would they be that daft to do that again?

Am I the only person who thinks Alien Resurrection is good?

Up until about 3/4 through it was a decent film, but the newborn thing ruined it!  The ending was sweet!

pjcb7orn.jpg

"A friend of mine works for Amblin Entertainment, and he told me that a teaser poster will be released soon for the 2015 blockbuster, Jurassic Park IV. I didn't believed him, so he just sent me a picture from the poster, without any comment. It seems valid, but I don't know for sure. I think it will come to light soon!"

• 1 month later...

?It?s important to make a movie for the fans but I also have to remember that there?s a lot of people who just couldn?t care less and need me to make a solid case for why the hell there?s a Jurassic Park 4 in the first place and I want to make a movie for them too? This is not a paycheck gig for me and it?s not the movie that I?m making so I can make the movies that I really want to make. I actually want to make a kick-ass Jurassic Park movie? When I get to sit down with guys like John Rosengrant and adjust the talon length on a dinosaur and then we?re looking at variations on skin color, that never feels like work. That?s when I feel like a kid? I saw some of the rumors on the internet and I would have all kinds of red flags going off if I heard they were going to muzzle a T-Rex. So I would say don?t believe everything you read, there are way more insiders on the internet than there are in real life.?

It gives me a little comfort to hear that, but honestly, I'm still not convinced. I want a hardcore Jurassic Park. The novels were so graphic and awesome! I want that in a movie.

Yeah that would be sweet. I just re-read both of them the other week for the first time in like 14 years. Great books. And I was thinking how awesome it would have been to see the death of Nedry as written in the book. Of course it would be an R rated movie but still... awesome.

Noooooo! last I heard Jurassic Park 4 was going to be based around the military getting their hands on them [the dinosaurs] and putting guns on them and using them as war machines....I really hope that idea got scrapped, because it has epic fail written all over it...

That actually sounds awesome ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Jurassic World? :laugh: If I had any faith that this was going to be a good film, it has been dwindling for some time now, and this, wow, this really doesn't help. I think they should have kept that name a secret until the day before it hit theaters.