Jurassic World (2015)

From what the director has said they are being more true to the books, so that should be nice. I am a sucker for Jurassic Park, and can't wait for more.

That would be really nice. The books are great. 

My guess is this must have been named by a marketing department. I can't imagine this is what a writer came up with. If it is, that really speaks volumes to how bad this film is going to be.

(And please remember, I am a fan of the Jurassic Park franchise, especially the books)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZL_5xh4pjc

"All I can say is this? video was shown as part of Iain McCaig's presentation at the recent Star Wars convention in Germany (he's the fantastic concept artist and designer of Darth Maul). I can only presume it was part of a pitch for reigniting the JP movie franchise, if anyone can confirm please let me know. It was apparently shown to Kathleen Kennedy and Steven Spielberg. Mr McCaig actually said "it certainly got Steven interested in dinosaurs again..." I just think is so cool."

The 4th movie is never good.

Alien 4

Terminator 4

The 4th Star Wars

The 4th Bourne

etc

Fast and Furious 4 saved the francise in my opinion. They're not all that bad!

Saying that, we're now getting a 4th RoboCop film... Perhaps you have the majority decision! :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZL_5xh4pjc

"All I can say is this? video was shown as part of Iain McCaig's presentation at the recent Star Wars convention in Germany (he's the fantastic concept artist and designer of Darth Maul). I can only presume it was part of a pitch for reigniting the JP movie franchise, if anyone can confirm please let me know. It was apparently shown to Kathleen Kennedy and Steven Spielberg. Mr McCaig actually said "it certainly got Steven interested in dinosaurs again..." I just think is so cool."

I certainly hope that it was just a pitch because that didn't look nearly as interesting as the original Jurassic Park movie. Am I the only one who'd rather see the next one just be about dinosaurs on an island instead of the world? It would just become like the last bit of "The Lost World" I bet.

Edit: It's confirmed that it's actually not a pitch trailer or for the movie at all:

Sorry to report but this isn't a "pitch trailer" for the movie, just footage from a cancelled video game that shared the same name. Lucasfilm's Pablo Hidalgo confirms via Twitter.

Source: Comic Book Movies

• 1 month later...

1381770363.jpg

Deadline has revealed that Iron Man 3 star Ty Simpkins is the latest addition to the cast of Jurassic World. His impressive resume also includes both of the Insidious movies and War of the Worlds. The site adds that this will be a leading role, while also revealing that New Girl star Jake Johnson (Nick) is also in the mix. They were unable to get confirmation from the studio at this time however, but it seems likely to happen as Johnson worked with director Colin Trevorrow on Safety Not Guaranteed. Regardless, with a title like Jurassic World, fans are hoping that this fourth instalment in the franchise will be bigger and better than those that preceded it.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=88508

I really loved Jurassic Park, but it has been done to death now. There are only so many times you can have "people trapped with dinosaurs and being eaten by them" and keep it fresh and entertaining. The second two movies were just tired rehashes of the original, why make yet another one?

Well technically two children were leading roles in Jurrasic Park. So, it's not much of a stretch they'd continue that trend (since 2 and 3 both had children in leading roles also).

It's kinda a thing to have children involved when the dinos go and get out and start munching on everyone...

1381863627.jpg

THR report that the breakout star of The Kings Of Summer, 18 year old Nick Robinson, has landed a lead role in Universal's latest installment in the Jurassic Park franchise. Although plot details are still under wraps, the site has learned that Robinson will play the older brother of Ty Simpkins, (Iron Man 3) character. They both join Bryce Dallas Howard. Jurassic World is being produced by Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley, with Steven Son board as executive producer.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=88569

Well technically two children were leading roles in Jurrasic Park. So, it's not much of a stretch they'd continue that trend (since 2 and 3 both had children in leading roles also).

It's kinda a thing to have children involved when the dinos go and get out and start munching on everyone...

I know, but all the kids in the films were annoying as hell and everybody knows that nothing bad happens to them in the end, so there's zero tension when they're involved. At most they'll scrape some skin or twist a leg while jumping over a little ditch, but no dinosaur is going to touch any kid in a Jurassic Park film.

On the other hand I didn't dislike the girl in the Telltale game and whenever she got a bit annoying (smoking scene comes to mind) you could let her die a few times to relieve frustration.

1381863627.jpg

THR report that the breakout star of The Kings Of Summer, 18 year old Nick Robinson, has landed a lead role in Universal's latest installment in the Jurassic Park franchise. Although plot details are still under wraps, the site has learned that Robinson will play the older brother of Ty Simpkins, (Iron Man 3) character. They both join Bryce Dallas Howard. Jurassic World is being produced by Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley, with Steven Son board as executive producer.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=88569

He is 18...he looks like he is 12.

• Like 3

Josh Brolin In Discussion To Star In JURASSIC WORLD

Universal Pictures is circling Josh Brolin to star in Jurassic World, the Colin Trevorrow-directed 3D sequel that the studio will release June 12, 2015. No deal yet, but I hear it?s headed that way. CAA-repped Brolin next stars in the Spike Lee-directed remake of Oldboy. Ty Simpkins and Bryce Dallas Howard have been cast so far.

Source

1310212252010090.jpeg

As the casting for Jurassic World continues to heat up, we have news of a possible addition that's sure to please most of you CBMers. Jurassic World Movie.com cite a source "fairly close to Jurassic World's development" as revealing to them that sci-fi/comic book flick staple Idris Elba has signed on to star in the movie. Although the site adds that we should take this with the ever ready pinch of salt, Acting Auditions have also posted a casting notice for the movie, calling for actors and crew in Louisiana where some of Jurassic World will be shot, and Elba?s name pops up twice as being part of the cast.

Source Article

• 3 weeks later...

Jason Schwartzman The Latest Addition To JURASSIC WORLD Cast?

According to Hypable, "a very reliable source" has informed them that Jason Schwartzman is the latest addition to the cast of Jurassic World. The site did reach out to his publicist, but they refused to comment on the news; something we're all used to by now (and by no means any sort of indication as to whether or not he really is in the movie). Schwartzman would join an impressive cast which includes Iron Man 3's Ty Simpkins and Spider-Man 3's Bryce Dallas Howard, along with rumoured cast members Josh Brolin (Gangster Squad), Jake Johnson (New Girl) and Idris Elba (Thor: The Dark World).

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=89616