Jurassic World (2015)

Josh Brolin In Discussion To Star In JURASSIC WORLD

Universal Pictures is circling Josh Brolin to star in Jurassic World, the Colin Trevorrow-directed 3D sequel that the studio will release June 12, 2015. No deal yet, but I hear it?s headed that way. CAA-repped Brolin next stars in the Spike Lee-directed remake of Oldboy. Ty Simpkins and Bryce Dallas Howard have been cast so far.

Source

Josh Brolin drops out

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=89667

zUbTt0W.png

Chris Pratt Offered Lead Role In JURASSIC WORLD

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Bryce Dallas Howard's character is a "smart corporate scientist," while Ty Simpkins and Nick Robinson will play her nephews. And Chris Pratt's role is "a rugged ex-military man," who Josh Brolin was initially in talks for. 

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=90011

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sam Neill Won't Be In "Jurassic World"

"I think there's a whole new cast and a whole new look at things, and I think that's great. As I said, I'd never say no, but I wish them? well, I'm sure it?s going to be great, but they don't need me.

x

The 4th movie is never good.

Alien 4

Terminator 4

The 4th Star Wars

The 4th Bourne

etc

don't you mean the 1st star wars? because the 4th is EP4. If you are picky that is.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Pratt ("Parks and Recreation," "Zero Dark Thirty") has finally confirmed what has been public knowledge for some time - that he'll star in Colin Trevorrow's upcoming fourth entry in the 'Jurassic' franchise - "Jurassic World"

"For me, Jurassic Park was really kind of my Star Wars. I lined up at the theatre to see it, I saw it opening night, I saw every sequel, I?ve seen it a whole bunch of times? for me that was my big movie, I think I was 13 or 14 when it came out. And so it?s a big deal for me to be any part of that, let alone this part I?m going to be playing. I?m thrilled about it.

Source

That stupid Barbasol can. After seeing Jurassic Park, that can was all I talked about. Like, "If they ever make a sequel, I bet they find the can!"

Never happened.

Well, it wouldn't be any good now, that can only had enough coolant for a few hours, those embryos would have perished......

Unless they used flashbacks to explain BioSyn employees managed to get onto the island and find it in time. Otherwise, I tend to agree, it really is a plot line that probably should die (outside of maybe finding it & the Jeep as a throwback).
  • Like 1

"What I liked about it was it answers the question of like, 'Why would you do that?' How do you suspend disbelief to be like, 'Oh yes, let's make this mistake again!' 'We haven't learned our lesson about dinosaurs, we should definitely live with them and see how that works out!' You know, after THREE tries at it.

They answer the question really well through this script; Colin did a great job of writing it, justifying it, and kind of - in his own way - having fun with that. So, anybody who goes in with that question will be really amused the way I was about how they answer that. That was really good and he's got a great vision for the movie.

It's awesome that Steven Spielberg is taking a chance on this guy because he's got a really clear vision. We talked about it, I sat down with him, and it was kind of like me and James [Gunn]. We just kind of started getting excited about this. In the back of my mind, I was like, 'Dude. This is gonna happen! They want YOU to do this movie!

I remember him saying, 'They're not gonna tell you this, but we want you to do it.' I was like, 'Really? Ok, oh my God...' So, just like getting really excited about it. [My character] has got a little bit of the Goldblum cynicism, but also the Sam Neill excitement of the wonder of the biology of it all. It's a combination.

We're gonna start filming in about six weeks or something. [bryce Dallas Howard] is so cool. She's so great."

Src

Star Chris Pratt says his ex-military character has a bit of both Sam Neil's Dr. Alan Grant and Jeff Goldblum's Dr. Ian Malcolm from the original:

He's got a little of both. He's got a little bit of the Goldblum cynicism but also the Sam Neill excitement at the wonder of the biology of it all, so it's a combination.

He went on to explain how you can have a world where people keep messing with dinosaurs:

Like, how do you suspend disbelief to be like, 'Oh yes, let's make this mistake again. We haven't learned our lesson about dinosaurs, we should definitely live with them and see how that works out!' after like three tries at it. They answer the question really well through the script. Colin did a great job of writing it and justifying it and in his own way having fun with that, so anybody who goes in with that question will be really amused - the way I was - about how they answer that.