Thinking about getting my first smart phone. Android or iOS ...hmmm

think with CDMA its a band that a chip in the phone has to support which is why most phone manufacturers release phones differing in numbers like say lumia 822. iphone prolly has same problem except they dont release different version number for it or it carrries everything required. Personally i hate apple, not cus of their products but cus of there business practices, make someat sue the competition. thats all there game plan seems to me.

spose iphone is a good bit of hardware (crap in respects to the stuff in it on each revision cus i think they hold stuff back cus theyve got nothing else in the works) but it works lots of ppl like it, lots of apps. Android is a bag of mixed reviews, i like the sgs 3 but id prefer wp myself. Guess i just hate conforming to the norm hahaha. wp is good just starting to jog atm i think, wont be long before its sprinting. Upto you, personal preference

If you want a very original phone why not a XT890 RAZRi from motorola? they have a very nice x86 processor (up to 2GHz) that works wonders.

think with CDMA its a band that a chip in the phone has to support which is why most phone manufacturers release phones differing in numbers like say lumia 822. iphone prolly has same problem except they dont release different version number for it or it carrries everything required. Personally i hate apple, not cus of their products but cus of there business practices, make someat sue the competition. thats all there game plan seems to me.

spose iphone is a good bit of hardware (crap in respects to the stuff in it on each revision cus i think they hold stuff back cus theyve got nothing else in the works) but it works lots of ppl like it, lots of apps. Android is a bag of mixed reviews, i like the sgs 3 but id prefer wp myself. Guess i just hate conforming to the norm hahaha. wp is good just starting to jog atm i think, wont be long before its sprinting. Upto you, personal preference

Right. Even the iPhone has different model numbers for each different model. They just don't use that model number to identify their phones. They just say it's the Verizon iPhone 32 GB or whatever.

On my iPhone 5, I leave Bluetooth, 3G, Wi-Fi, Push and Location Services switched on all the time, as well as an app that utilises background location services

And i though that iOS users was so happy about security in iOS?

Doesn't seems like you are thinking about security when you leave all of that on all the time.

Doesn't seems like you are thinking about security when you leave all of that on all the time.

Why?

I thought Samsung had squashed that silly Exynos bug. I guess it's still around, just as annoying as ever.

Anyway, let me worry about my own security. That should free you up some time to post on-topic in the future.

• 3 months later...