A comment of mine was deleted from a news post

Well the story was only posted about 1 hour ago and I just did a "Show Deleted Comments" and it isn't there, maybe it never posted properly, or you have the wrong story?

I'm sure it was posted over an hour ago.

Also, I bookmark every article on Neowin I reply to so I can check for replies to my comments, because it doesn't have an e-mail notification system. It was definitely there the first time I went back to it, around 20 minutes later.

Well this is showing Deleted, and none show up, but the article post time just switch to 2 hours ago in the title, so it's only 2 hours old now.

<image snipped>

Then I apologize, sorry :/

Also, there *is* a setting under Notifications for you to be alerted when people reply to your comments/threads.

Annnddd the "my content" section shows all the threads you've posted in too, with a star beside the ones that have had further comments since yours.

• Like 2

Also, there *is* a setting under Notifications for you to be alerted when people reply to your comments/threads.

Annnddd the "my content" section shows all the threads you've posted in too, with a star beside the ones that have had further comments since yours.

I haven't been able to find a way to get e-mail notifications when someone replies to my comments to a news post.

My Settings > Notification Options:

Kzprr.png

As long as you have the right email address set up, that should work. And tick the box to "auto-follow topics I reply to" (forgot to highlight that in the screenshot).

Comments != topics

Ah, right.

There is a section further down though on that same screen, to "Notify me of replies to comments I make on the front page."

Just checked. Everything it set to e-mail, and has been for many years. Never received an e-mail when a new post reply is replied to, though.

Can you confirm that the email address you have associated with your account is correct? And the emails aren't going to spam folder or anything?

Can you confirm that the email address you have associated with your account is correct? And the emails aren't going to spam folder or anything?

100%. I've been receiving forum reply notifications from here for 10+ years.

Sorry to but in, but I too have had the same issue for months with no notifications, all is ticked on the list mentioned above for settings. It's either all or nothing as far as notifications are concerned, if set to offline you get none, if set to immediate you get spammed to death, there is no happy medium :(

This still happens after a new system build and obviously a fresh login :(

Well if you have notifications set to appear on the forums immediately (inline) AND via email, it might be that email notifications are simply not sent because the system delivered it while you were online in the forums?

Well if you have notifications set to appear on the forums immediately (inline) AND via email, it might be that email notifications are simply not sent because the system delivered it while you were online in the forums?

Is there an option for immediate (inline) notifications for notifications other than PMs?

I've never seen an in-line notification. In fact, I didn't know these were possible either :s

Are you sure it was deleted? I find Neowin is pretty rubbish when posting, which is the message boards fault

Yeah as said earlier in the topic, it wasn't deleted, there is no history of it being actually posted or deleted, so it's likely a connection/lag/forum issue at that time.