sweden international interest ozzy osbourne

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,202 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 16:01

(Reuters) - A Swedish man has designed a coffin with built-in speakers linked to a music playlist that can be updated by the living.

Music and video equipment store owner Fredrik Hjelmquist said his hi-fi coffin would entertain the dead and provide solace for grieving friends and relatives by making it possible for them to alter the deceased's playlist online.

"We don't know, right? But then people believe in different ways in different parts of the world," Hjelmquist told Reuters television when he was asked whether a belief in life after death was what would lead someone to buy his coffin.

"In Sweden perhaps we don't believe in it, but in many parts of the world people believe in a different way," he said.

He planned to be buried in such a coffin, he added, and would choose opera for his long sleep. He has not sold any of his coffins, but there have been many enquiries, he added.

The price tag is a hefty 199,000 Swedish crowns ($30,700).

"We've had an unbelievable amount of inquiries, not so much in Sweden, but many from the United States and Canada, also from Taiwan," he said.

"Ozzy Osbourne should buy one I think or Keith Richards. Somebody ought to do it because this is really rock n' roll I think...but at the same time beautiful," he said.

($1 = 6.4916 Swedish crowns)

source

#2 nvllsvm

nvllsvm

Neowinian Senior

• 1,593 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One

Posted 14 January 2013 - 16:08

I already think cemeteries are a waste...

#3 The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

Sir Derpy McHerperton III

• 1,952 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020

Posted 14 January 2013 - 16:14

Why not have controllable heating and a toaster too in case they want pop tarts?

#4 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,202 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 16:16

^ Don't forget a cell phone, for those important calls from beyond. ;)

#5 RichardK

RichardK

Neowinian

• 516 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 16:30

cremation should be mandatory.

#6 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,324 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 16:37

I must admit that PERSONALLY I don't see this desire to stack our dead bodies underground... Seems a terrible waste of space.

#7 +Medfordite

Medfordite

Neowinian Senior

• 2,422 posts
  • Phone: HTC One M7 - Blue

Posted 14 January 2013 - 16:37

Well...I guess you could always entertain the worms and other creepy crawlings in the ground eating your remains with some music or whatnot. They already have a webcam to get a load of that action (seemerot - you can Google it- not going to link to it).

Really though - no matter what you believe - if you pay attention to what people have said online about death/dying that have come back (Near Death Experiences), it can range from being in total silence/blackness to going to a great beyond depending on the person and their belief of what happened. Since I have yet to have a bonafide conversation with a truly dead person which talked back to me, I'll trust that when you die, you couldn't care less at what you hear in the grave. :)

One could wonder though - in about 1000 years from now what archeologists would think about our practices of burial if speakers and cameras were foud with the remains.

#8 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 14 January 2013 - 17:03

I have thought graves were a waste of land. Cremation should be required

#9 webeagle12

webeagle12

Neowinian Senior

• 7,283 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:25

Put Justin Beaver song and they will rise from a dead very quickly.

#10 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:33

I also don't believe in burials. Cremation is the way to go. Then your family can spread your ashes in the ocean or wherever.

#11 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,833 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:00

Can I just say...
WTF???

Not to mention speakers, and wires don't decompose, mostly they rust, and what about the batteries?

Put Justin Beaver song and they will rise from a dead very quickly.

LOL

#12 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,202 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 17:48

^ solar

#13 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,291 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 17:54

Well...I guess you could always entertain the worms and other creepy crawlings in the ground eating your remains with some music or whatnot. They already have a webcam to get a load of that action (seemerot - you can Google it- not going to link to it).

Really though - no matter what you believe - if you pay attention to what people have said online about death/dying that have come back (Near Death Experiences), it can range from being in total silence/blackness to going to a great beyond depending on the person and their belief of what happened. Since I have yet to have a bonafide conversation with a truly dead person which talked back to me, I'll trust that when you die, you couldn't care less at what you hear in the grave. :)

One could wonder though - in about 1000 years from now what archeologists would think about our practices of burial if speakers and cameras were foud with the remains.

That's just creepy.

#14 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,568 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 17:56

It amazes me how many people have way too much money and no sense of perspective.

#15 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,202 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 00:10

Cremation is the way to go. Then your family can spread your ashes in the ocean or wherever.

Like the burgers at the family reunion cookout. :p