Pinnacles National Monument in California was signed into law as the United States' 59th and newest national park, now bearing the name Pinnacles National Park.

The new park, with its spectacular rock formations, beautiful spring wildflowers and group of endangered condors, is a popular tourist attraction, located in the Gabilan Mountains east of central California's Salinas Valley, according to a statement from the Department of the Interior. The park encompasses 27,000 acres of wild lands.

The stunning rock formations, called pinnacles and from which the park gets its name, are the remnants of half an ancient volcano, worn down by erosion over the eons. The matching half of the volcano lies 195 miles (314 kilometers) to the southeast, on the other side of the San Andreas Fault. (The 1976 discovery that the halves were connected showed the degree of offset along the fault.)

more

Such a bad move for the economy , reducing land adviable for homes, road and shopping centers. And what if shale gas was found , what a waste of a renewable resource.

The trees are just sat there doing nothing think of much $$ you could get for the timber.

Stupid move.

^ We have many thousands of homes and other buildings just setting empty.

The USA needs another 'shopping mall' like a hole in the head.

And this park is mostly rocks.

post-37120-0-90039500-1358206811.jpg

Such a bad move for the economy , reducing land adviable for homes, road and shopping centers. And what if shale gas was found , what a waste of a renewable resource.

The trees are just sat there doing nothing think of much $$ you could get for the timber.

Stupid move.

Well, last time I checked the US wasn't exactly a very densely packed country, so... wtf?

Glassed Silver:mac

^ We have many thousands of homes and other buildings just setting empty.

The USA needs another 'shopping mall' like a hole in the head.

And this park is mostly rocks.

Level it and build a huge trailer park.

On another note, that looks awesome to climb.

Well, last time I checked the US wasn't exactly a very densely packed country, so... wtf?

Glassed Silver:mac

But look at the location Prime real estate sandwiched between fault lines so any thing built there will be destroyed in a few years.

Americans like to build in dangerous places, earthquake zones, tornado ally, hurricane susceptible areas and on the coast but below sea level.

I remember watching an episode of Time Team US when the excavated a find that was dated late 1870s and the host was amazed and called it an ancient object, at the time i was living in a building built in 1843.

• Like 4

Stupid move.

I applaud your effort but you've got to be a lot more subtle than that if you want people to believe you actually mean any of that.

But look at the location Prime real estate sandwiched between fault lines so any thing built there will be destroyed in a few years.

Americans like to build in dangerous places, earthquake zones, tornado ally, hurricane susceptible areas and on the coast but below sea level.

I remember watching an episode of Time Team US when the excavated a find that was dated late 1870s and the host was amazed and called it an ancient object, at the time i was living in a building built in 1843.

Since when is "tornado ally" a dangerous place to live? Stop watching so much tv.

Stupid move.

and in Beijing thread you said that it's ok to live in polluted cities.

Not sure if trolling or serious.... but you need get your head up straight.

• Like 2