John McAfee movie moving ahead

Hello,

I haven't seen this mentioned here, probably because there's little overlap in readership between Neowin and the source of this article:

WB to tell story of eccentric software pioneer John McAfee

Studio hires 'Crazy, Stupid, Love.' directors for feature based on Wired article

Warner Bros. is in final negotiations to acquire feature film rights to Joshua Davis' recent Wired magazine article "John McAfee's Last Stand," which the "Crazy Stupid Love" team of John Requa and Glenn Ficarra will write, direct and produce through their Zaftig Films banner.

Wired publisher Conde Nast Entertainment will also produce, while Davis is expected to be involved in a producer capacity.

A former NASA programmer, McAfee is the?

(see article for the rest) Source: Variety Magazine

Frankly, I had not put much credence in the early report on Neowin that a movie was underway: Yes, John McAfee's life will be made into a movie. After all, stories are optioned all the time, and it's fairly rare for them to make it all the way to a feature film. However, the fact that Warner Brothers is involved and has brought in some top-notch talent makes me think the likelihood of this happening is now far from infinitesimal. I guess we'll see what happens..

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky