BlackBerry Z10 Hands On...Video!

BlackBerry Z10 shown in first hands-on video Mobile

By Sarah Silbert posted Jan 15th, 2013 at 1:28 PM 36

We've had an early look at the BlackBerry Z10 already -- both from a leak of RIM marketing materials and from footage allegedly showing the handset's components -- but Austrian publication Telekom-Presse can lay claim to the first hands-on video with the phone. The seven-and-a-half-minute clip shows off the hardware in great detail -- including what looks to be a removable plastic cover on the backing -- and the narrator lists specs, including a 4.2-inch HD display, a dual-core 1.5GHz ARM Cortex A9 processor and 2GB of RAM and 16GB of on-board storage. According to the video, the Z10 weighs about 125 grams (4.4 ounces). Of course, the hands-on also demos the BB10 operating system, and it looks to run quite smoothly as the user carries out such gestures as swiping to reveal the BlackBerry Hub. We'll get an even better look at the Z10 when it becomes official, but for now jump past the break for a look at the video (nat?rlich auf Deutsch).

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/15/blackberry-z10-first-hands-on-video/#continued

Stylish looking device and OS, imho.

I just watched the video on The Verge. BB10 looks quite decent. What we have here is another competitor out-innovating Apple iOS.

What we have here is another competitor out-innovating Apple iOS.

That's a really funny statement looking at BlackBerry 7 OS RIM released in 2011. Overall version 10 does look a whole lot better than their previous offerings and it has some things iOS and Android don't have. But then again, I'm sure iOS and Android have features BlackBerry 10 doesn't have.

It seems nice, but doesn't give me the same "wow" effect I got from Windows Phone compared to either iOS and Android.

That's a really funny statement looking at BlackBerry 7 OS RIM released in 2011. Overall version 10 does look a whole lot better than their previous offerings and it has some things iOS and Android don't have. But then again, I'm sure iOS and Android have features BlackBerry 10 doesn't have.

It seems nice, but doesn't give me the same "wow" effect I got from Windows Phone compared to either iOS and Android.

Maybe it isn't as aesthetically pleasing as Windows Phone or Android 4.x. It does have a lot to offer in terms of functionality though. Best multitasking UI in a mobile OS? Check. Easy separation of work and private accounts? Check. Integration between apps? Check.

I said it before and I'll say it again: iOS is still the same OS as in 2007 with some kludges added. Apple are treating it similar to how MS used to treat Windows: 'Let's not change too much lest we scare the users away.'

MS, RIM and Google are the real innovators in the mobile OS realm, each in their own way.

I said it before and I'll say it again: iOS is still the same OS as in 2007 with some kludges added. Apple are treating it similar to how MS used to treat Windows: 'Let's not change too much lest we scare the users away.'

MS, RIM and Google are the real innovators in the mobile OS realm, each in their own way.

Microsoft and RIM even more so sat on their collective asses putting out nothing of much interest for years. Those companies didn't loose most of the market share because they were so incredibly innovative. I totally agree though: iOS could use an overhaul, but it's unreasonable to expect Apple to come up with something revolutionary new every five years or so. What you see happening to the company right now is basically the "Wet van de remmende voorsprong" (Law of the handicap of a head start).

Microsoft and RIM even more so sat on their collective asses putting out nothing of much interest for years. Those companies didn't loose most of the market share because they were so innovative. I totally agree though: iOS could use an overhaul, but it's unreasonable to expect Apple to come up with something revolutionary new every four years or so. What you see happening to the company right now is basically the "Wet van de remmende voorsprong" (Law of the handicap of a head start).

But Google has done just that, Apple has not.

Let's be real, apple is stagnant. Argue whatever you want it looks the same period.

But Google has done just that, Apple has not.

At this point the only thing the Android platform does is innovation by increasing screen size and gaining market share by allowing the OS to run on anything for free. It doesn't actually say anything about the features. In my opinion Microsoft is the only one who really put out something new and unique (within the realm of what's currently possible hardware-wise) after 2007. But they're proof that that's not per definition the holy grail of attracting customers. RIM is the last one to join the club, it's only natural they bring something new to the table as well.

At this point the only thing the Android platform does is innovation by increasing screen size and gaining market share by allowing the OS to run on anything for free. It doesn't actually say anything about the features. In my opinion Microsoft is the only one who really put out something new and unique (within the realm of what's currently possible hardware-wise) after 2007. But they're proof that that's not per definition the holy grail of attracting customers. RIM is the last one to join the club, it's only natural they bring something new to the table as well.

Remember Steve Jobs said 3.5 is big enough and now apple brings out 4" pleaseeeeeeeee

Quit drinking the corporate koolaid :/

QNX Is UNPROVEN for stability and security. It's a brand new design. For anyone to buy first gen is foolish. I mean WOW. Not very smart.