UFOs Over Michigan Baffle Multiple Eyewitnesses

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (WJBK) -- Thursday night the Fox 2 newsroom and our Facebook page got several reports of strange lights in the skies over metro Detroit. People were wondering what they were seeing?

"I've been watching the airplanes tonight and it wasn't quite as high as them," said David Levy. "You could actually see the triangle shape of the object."

Levy was outside Thursday night around 9:30 p.m. with friends in Flat Rock.

"Up in the sky we saw a triangle-shaped object with about five lights flashing heading north."

In fact, our Fox 2 Facebook page has been blowing up with hundreds of posts on the subject.

Lisa wrote, "I [saw] some in Southgate but thought it was fireworks and weird for [January]"

Nick wrote, "I assumed they were planes. They were flying in the same direction. I watched them for about 10 minutes and I counted four or five of them. I'm over in St. Clair Shores."

Mario wrote, "I [saw] it in Eastpointe off Nine Mile. It was something crazy."

Shaun wrote, "I was the one who called into the Fox 2 newsroom and first broke this story. They were black triangle-shaped objects making circles over West Bloomfield and Farmington Hills. There was no noise and they had bright lights. I'm not making this up and I know somebody else saw these things."

William Konkolesky of the Michigan Mutual UFO Network has also been taking calls from people who have seen lights at night all across metro Detroit.

"It's very possible that people are seeing military aircraft that they haven't notified us about yet like the spy planes or also the stealth aircraft that have been flying in our skies now for a few years. It's well known that they were testing these aircraft well before they notified people that they even existed. Now on top of all that, we have unmanned drones up in the sky and those things really look strange, especially for somebody that has no idea what they could even be," said Konkolesky.

source

post-37120-0-56702400-1358298454.jpg

One thing I always look for is multiple report for multiple sources. It could still be a hoax but a hoax is harder to maintain over a wide area with numerous reports. Not to say this is an alien craft or anything, but it could be something real, just unknown.

Why do the vast majority of these sightings happen in the US? Why not in Europe or Asia more often?

It's like in the movies, everything is based VERY American even though they should be designed for the rest of the world in mind as well. Almost a god complex or crazies in the US! (Not everyone, just a bunch ;))

I just don't believe squat. If they are son advanced and intelligent why don't they just stop and say HI ? Are they afraid they are going to get mugged or shipjacked ?

Why do the vast majority of these sightings happen in the US? Why not in Europe or Asia more often?

The triangle craft have been seen over Belgium and other countries.

If this is a reversed engineered craft made by the USA, it's perfectly logical for it to be seen mostly over the USA. ;)

I just don't believe squat. If they are so advanced and intelligent why don't they just stop and say HI ? Are they afraid they are going to get mugged or ship-jacked ?

Maybe an advanced civilization knows what problems open contact could cause. Maybe they don't want to be shot at.

If this is a reversed engineered craft made by the USA, it's perfectly logical for it to be seen mostly over the USA. ;)

Ah totally explains it! :p

Maybe an advanced civilization knows what problems open contact could cause. Maybe they don't want to be shot at.

Yep, some Army's can be trigger happy!