Cisco to sell off Linksys division

My first wireless router was the Linksys WRT54GS and it worked properly for as long as I used it. It served me well for about 3 years (2005-2008) but it didn't break. I just needed more wireless performance so I bought a D-Link DGL-4500 in 2008.

I haven't considered recommending a Linksys wireless router for years which is why this doesn't surprise me. It seems like they lost their competitive edge. Other companies like D-Link, Netgear, Belkin, and ASUS seem to be doing better.

Well I don't know, Netgear has made 3 of the best routers I've ever had, 2 of which are still in use...the 3rd I killed with ignorance, and Belkin's not bad once you stop using their firmware. The one DLINK router we've had just up and stopped working for seemingly no reason.

From my exp. it just seems to be luck of the draw. I've heard people who swore by Belkin and never had any problems, then others (like me) who say it sucks. Same goes for any of them.

The problem is with the Belkin router is that you have to get a router where as I prefer to get an ADSL Modem Router which is unsupported by the alternative firmwares. So far with the dlink DSL-2870B things have been going extraordinarily well.

Linksys has been crap for years, I switched to netgear and love it. Haven't had an issue since i made the switch,

Linksys has been crap for years, I switched to netgear and love it. Haven't had an issue since i made the switch,

LOL I had the same... then I discovered AMPED WIRELESS!!!!

Still using my E4200 V1 and loving it since January 2011. If it wasn't for Hurricane Sandy it would be an uptime of 2yrs now. :)