16 replies to this topic

#16 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 17 January 2013 - 17:46

Lol @ blaming linux.

Anyways, my PC was doing this a couple nights ago. Wouldn't post and sat with a red light on. I unplugged it and cleaned the crap out of it (lots of dust). I re-applied some thermal paste as I figured it might of been heat problems. I put it all back together, and it took a bit for it to post the first time, however now it is running butter smooth, and am seeing quite the preformance increase just from the actions I took to clean it and cool it.

#17 OP Titanium_NX

Titanium_NX

Lexa NX

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:14

I got a new motherboard and it did the samething turns out the SSD I have died. Fun fun, took the motherboard with it, it seems.

Lol @ blaming linux.

Anyways, my PC was doing this a couple nights ago. Wouldn't post and sat with a red light on. I unplugged it and cleaned the crap out of it (lots of dust). I re-applied some thermal paste as I figured it might of been heat problems. I put it all back together, and it took a bit for it to post the first time, however now it is running butter smooth, and am seeing quite the preformance increase just from the actions I took to clean it and cool it.

Yeah in my case everything is new, I always clean it every 2-3 weeks for dust so its spotless.
It was just an ill timed death of my SSD but I'm still scared to try my USB boot device, not in the mood to kill another pc.
Maybe I'll try it on my work laptop lol

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!