Need help choosing between 2 laptops...

Hello, I need some input on choosing a laptop. I can either get the Sony Vaio Z 2nd generation with a i7 2620m processor and power media dock or the Lenovo X230t i7 model. I have a Slate 7 that I use at school for pen input note taking, but need something for video editing, and other Web development needs with a keyboard. What would you guys/gals recommend?

From what you've describe, even though I like Sony laptops (have 3 of them), I would go with the Lenovo, and here is why:

<p>

• X230T will alow you to take note as well, thus allowing you to do video editing / web development when time permits on the go
  • X230T uses third gen Intel i7 CPU
  • Ability to upgrade the RAM to 16 GB that could help you with your video editing (Z series 8 GB max)
  • 2 USB 3.0 ports (Z series 1)

Granted, the Z series is isn't a slouch even though part of its tech is somewhat dated, but if you will just use your laptop at home, then Z series would be a good solution as well. However, since you mentioned about note taking, and that you've even considered looking at the X230T as an option, then you might be leaning to a device that you can utilized for school and development; hence I will go with the X230T.

Thanks for the replies, both of the computers are the same price point for me which is $800. That's why i am having a hard time making me choice. I love the way the Z looks and its a really powerful machine even though it uses a 2nd gen i7. Plus side is that Power Media Dock can provide me with enough gaming when I need to play some titles. The Lenevo on the other hard has a 3r gen i7 and tablet mode which means i could actually sell my samsung slate 7 and only have one computer since i take all my lecture notes with oneNote. This is why I'm stuck =(