Aero8Tuner

Take your attention: White Windows for Windows 8 software was incapsulated by Aero8Tuner and not exists anymore!

Here is my brand new work for Windows 8. Aero8Tuner is the successor of my famous Aero Tuner (for Windows 7) and White Windows (for Windows 8 ). It allows you to change all settings of DWM/Aero at Windows 8 RTM+.

aero8tuner.jpg

Warning! This version is for Windows 8 RTM and above! For Windows 7 and Windows 8 CP/DP/RP you may use previous Aero Tuner software.

With Aero8Tuner you will able:

• to set any color of windows.
  • to disable windows coloring. If you will enable this undocumented feature, the color of windows borders in Windows 8 will be always white. The taskbar will use Aero color. So, this is way to have separate color for windows and taskbar.
  • to change color balance (affects the intensity).
  • to force High Contrast mode for regular themes. The blurless buggy Aero transparency will be appeared in this case.

Aero8Tuner in action

Why some features of "classic" Aero Tuner is missing in this version?

Microsoft changed DWM in Windows 8. Some parameters was completely removed, such as Transparency and amount of Aero Srtipes. Some parameters like second Aero color, Blur, balance between colors has no effect in Windows 8 because DWM ignores their values.

This is a free and portable application and does not require to be installed. It works only on Windows 8 RTM and does not require any additional software.

Download: Aero8Tuner

Also check here, for more info.

isn't there a winaero standalone tool for win8 now on winaero :p saves the need of having to use bLend :D (when I change the wallpaper I needed to apply the aero tweaks again and again so now I just click one exe ^^)

• 2 weeks later...

dURMfki.jpg

An update here. Aero8Tuner unlocks the hidden tweak which allows you slow down window animations with shift key.

You can slow down windows animations by pressing the shift key. This is the the animation you see when minimizing, maximizing or closing the window. This option requires restart of DWM, which Aero8Tuner will do for you. See the following video:

Download this update here