Thinking about the beginning of Neowin

I remember when Neowin was born and every one here was more or less happy with all tech. I have noticed that the once very cool place to hang out is turning into a Fanboy and Flamer haven. I have Windows, Apple, BlackBerry, all in my collections and love them for the differences they provide. There is not and will never be one product that does everything. Hence the options to choose and love tech as a whole gener. Embrace all tech as each company brings a bit of difference from the other. Apple basically failed with iPhone 5 and just changed form factor. MS may have a jewel with Windows 8 devices given time. BlackBerry has been lacking for a while but is coming out with new gear with new inovation. God God sakes people we should be happy when a little bit of new comes into tech because once one company looses totally the need to inovate dies with it. Remember when we had multiple companies making video cards using about 6 different chipsets? We had multiple companies making hard drives? Well we are down to a select few in both categories now and with competition comes inovations and deals for the costumer. What if Android wins and is the only smartphone out there.. whats going to give them the desire to innovate and compete? NOTHING Nice to have comments but give up the Flaming of any tech company or we the consumer will be the ones to loose out!!!

Yeah that is annoying now days but it seems to be the same everywhere, its like people need to pledge their allegiance to something. It must be great for companies, guaranteed sales.

When it comes to Neowin now days, the thing that stands out the most, is how we treat each other. There is always someone ready to breakdown another person's opinion, almost as if they shouldn't be entitled to one. What really gets me is when I then see them end a reply stating that the other user clearly has no idea what they are talking about.

Well to back WW up, if the avatar is not enough, why the username ?

I see a fanboi thread occuring here ...

Talk about entirely missing the OP's point and fuelling the fire instead.

The permanent 'omg, you must be a fanboy of x' accusations for the silliest of reasons are highly annoying. A whole lot of community members needs to grow up and accept the fact that people have different opinions on the various tech topics discussed here.

Motion to make 'omg u fanboi' a warnable offense.

• Like 3

The permanent 'omg, you must be a fanboy of x' accusations for the silliest of reasons are highly annoying. A whole lot of community members needs to grow up and accept the fact that people have different opinions on the various tech topics discussed here.

Who called anyone a fanboi ?

You tell me to read the OP but you fail to read my post that only states that the thread may become a fanboi thread :s

Yet you have an Apple for your Avatar... :huh:

Well to back WW up, if the avatar is not enough, why the username ?

I see a fanboi thread occuring here ...

The irony is astounding. Come on guys, you've all been around long enough to know this kind of response doesn't help.

• Like 3

The irony is astounding. Come on guys, you've all been around long enough to know this kind of response doesn't help.

Where is the irony? People pointing out their views is not irony....

Im the fanboi of pixels OMNOMNOMNOM.

Threads like this which are "why are there so much flamers etc etc" are the feeding ground for the flamers and iq-low fanboy trolls. So posting these threads wont help, quite the opposite.

Calling people a fanboy already is I believe.

when everything started nobody knew how to do things, you had to make and effort, have patience, treat everyone as you wanted to be treated.

nowadays is a complete mess, everybody feels entitled to make their point, it doesn't matter if it's based on facts or premeditated ignorance.

respect has gone the way of the dodo "you have a different OS? your opinion doesn't matter!", "you don't support X company blindingly? you must be a troll!", "critical thinking? here we only value emotional responses and half assed rhetoric , get the hell out of here!"

and this isn't by accident.

respect has gone the way of the dodo "you have a different OS? your opinion doesn't matter!", "you don't support X company blindingly? you must be a troll!", "critical thinking? here we only value emotional responses and half assed rhetoric , get the hell out of here!"

and this isn't by accident.

Now this is an accusation I see thrown out allot. against people who disagree with what can often best be described as anti fan boys. the Anti MS people and anti Win8 people for example. they really like to call anyone that likes or don't hate Windows 8 or Microsoft fan boys, or they throw that accusation. despite the fact nowhere in the argument did they say they blindingly support MS or that others should.

So honestly, I don't buy that argument, as I've NEVER seen it used correctly. There's a lot of trolling going on, but that one, I've only seen used in reverse of what you say.