• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,190 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.10.14203.306

Posted 22 January 2013 - 14:35

i thought the original selling point of OLED is brighter more vibrant colors with less cost?

#32 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• 12,153 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 14:48

Give better cameras to the film producers :)

Without it, Ultra HD is just Marketing, until then...

Plenty of films shot with great cameras in UHD. The Red cameras...the Arri Alexa's....

i'd love to see an OLED, UHD, glasses-free 3D tv... that is the next big thing :p

#33 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,106 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 22 January 2013 - 14:58

Right, I assumed they would have just used the normal framerate, but they apparently broadcast at 50hz (So 25fps progressive)

I kinda just assumed, considering how bad in general the quality of the HD channels actually is.

That's just terrible compression. it's worse than SD in fact. The satellite HD channels I have are all as crisp as a BluRay.

your provider either has access to very little bandwidth/frequency band, or they're cheap ******** who don't want to pay for it, while they expect you to pay for it, find another quality satellite provider if possible.

#34 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• 19,504 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:36

We don't have many satellite providers here, that's our free to air stations (They have enough bandwidth, but they choose to spend it on multiple channels vs. quality)

We have like 3 dedicated shopping channels, and the rest are filled with repeats. They're doing it for extra ad revenue.