Photo

Keep MBP 13" Retina or buy high-end PC?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: What should I do?

What should I do?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:21

You do know any laptop you buy is obsolete the minute you buy it right?

Nope.. because they are upgradable.. try again.

You do know some people DO work at full 2800*1800 resolution?

No, I don't know anyone who works in 2800x1800 on a 15" display because the text and everything super tiny. So it's useless. Plus benchmarks show that if you run your Mac Book Pro retina with that resolution everything is beyond slow, especially videos because GPU can't keep up.

You also know you can drive multiple displays with the retina mbp he(Spirit Dave) has?

So? So does every other computer and laptop. The point is that he doesn't get retina.. so it's again useless.

You also know that you dont have to go into EVERY APPLE THREAD and spew your bull**** everywhere, right?

Take you insults somewhere else and learn some manners since your parents obviously haven't taught you any.

Also, if you think retina is hype, then you should NOT own ANY high PPI devices be it a display or a smartphone. But thats bull**** because guess what? A lot of smartphone manufacturers are focusing at higher PPI devices. (Droid DNA with 440 ppi @ 1080 in 5" screen)

Because there's a difference between a consumer level device like a phone or a tablet because they are fairly small screens and increased resolution actually has a purpose since they are content consuming devices. To make everything crisper and cleaner and it's for actual consuming content not creating. And it's completely different because it works differently as far as density goes.

And yes.. a 2560x1600 display on a 10" tablet is an overkill as well. There is no visible benefit over 1920x1200 for example. There's a threshold where you actually see a benefit.

#17 shadodemon

shadodemon

Neowinian

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:50

I dont understand your comparison that a 13MBP 13 Retina could be in the same league as an almost high end pc? Why didnt you get a 15 inch or better than that a Classic MBP now those would be considered high end pcs. So with this said I will not vote for any of your choices.

#18 medhunter

medhunter

Muslim Emergency physician

• OS: Win 7 SP1 Home Premium , Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, Xubuntu 13.04
  • Phone: Sony Sola

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:06

Buy Xbox 360 and game from there...and of course keep the Mac.

#19 OP Virtual Techie

Virtual Techie

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:09

I just built my new PC and oh boy is it ever so fast and comfortable to use!

Attached Images

• image.jpg

#20 Rudy

Rudy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:15

I just built my new PC and oh boy is it ever so fast and comfortable to use!

This post is actually a pretty poor "resolution" to this "issue". Your main problem seemed to be the screen yet you didn't bother to say anything about the new PC's monitor(s)