Followers 0

Kim Dotcom's new Mega storage service is live

100 posts in this topic

Posted

working fine for me.

just uploaded 3MB files to test

edit: lol down now.

Posted

How long did it take you guys to receive the confirmation email after registering? It's been a couple of hours already and I haven't received mine yet.

Posted

How long did it take you guys to receive the confirmation email after registering? It's been a couple of hours already and I haven't received mine yet.

It only took a few minutes for me to receive the email when I signed up yesterday.

Posted

I can't even get it to upload...for now its a fail but its probably under so much strain

2 people like this

Posted

It's still up for me. Although, I've had 2 small files pending upload since last night. 1 file is 52kb the other is 62kb.

Posted

Sorry, but I wouldn't trust this guy and his company with my data, encrypted or not.

Pass.

Posted

Just realised that the confirmation email got sent straight to my spam box. Could be the problem for others here who haven't seen theirs yet.

Posted

down for me again...

Posted

Wow, some people can get on it?

For a cloud storage service, it's got very little for me. I can't even access the site. They can't handle the traffic they have gotten. So they've already bored me.

1 person likes this

Posted

At first i was giving them leeway in terms of all the people trying to log in and everyone massively uploading, but now on day 2 and still out, it is kind of not the best first impression. i did log in the site last night and registered and the email was instant but tried to upload a small pic but didn't happen, was "pending" forever so just canceled it. Hopefully Mega gets running smooth in the next week.

Posted

Things will get better. It's just a large amount of people are trying to access the site because of who started it.

Posted

was instant for me

Posted

Haven't received the confirmation email either, using a hotmail email. Not even in my junk folder. Worked instantly for my gmail though. Starting to seem biased towards google. :o

However after getting a bad signup code: -9 when using the confirmation email's link, it says my password is invalid when logging in and when trying to re-register it says the email is already in use. :(

Posted

registered as soon as it was launched, didn't receive my confirmation to hotmail/outlook, assuming servers were being hammered i left it... tried again this morning, still nothing.

tried with gmail, instantly received my notification.

conclusion: outlook can't be trusted, i don't think i'll be using it for anything important.

Posted

The service has been down. I imagine the servers are getting hammered and can't take the load.

Posted

Is it just me, or do you get better ul speeds using Firefox? With Chrome, max speeds were less then 40KBs. With FF, I get a normal of 60KBs up to 150KBs.

Posted

Is it just me, or do you get better ul speeds using Firefox? With Chrome, max speeds were less then 40KBs. With FF, I get a normal of 60KBs up to 150KBs.

I'm getting the max my connection can upload at in Chrome, 105 KB/sec

Posted

I'm getting the max my connection can upload at in Chrome, 105 KB/sec

Are you using the stable or dev build?

Posted

After what when down with Megaupload who would store their personal files on this server? NOT ME!

Posted

Are you using the stable or dev build?

Stable

Posted

Stable

Same here. But I don't see the speeds you do.

Posted

It crashes when copying a folder with several sub folders. Its not looking good for now but it will get better.

Posted

After what when down with Megaupload who would store their personal files on this server? NOT ME!

That wasn't their fault it was the fault of the US government. If you want to complain do so with your vote and ask your government to stop bullying people at the behest of it's corporations.

Posted

Me either, warwagon. At least not right away.

Posted

Is there anyway to sync a folder ala Dropbox? Just thinking that could be really useful with my photos, especially with the generous 50GB limit!