Kim Dotcom's new Mega storage service is live

How long did it take you guys to receive the confirmation email after registering? It's been a couple of hours already and I haven't received mine yet.

How long did it take you guys to receive the confirmation email after registering? It's been a couple of hours already and I haven't received mine yet.

It only took a few minutes for me to receive the email when I signed up yesterday.

It's still up for me. Although, I've had 2 small files pending upload since last night. 1 file is 52kb the other is 62kb.

Sorry, but I wouldn't trust this guy and his company with my data, encrypted or not.

Pass.

At first i was giving them leeway in terms of all the people trying to log in and everyone massively uploading, but now on day 2 and still out, it is kind of not the best first impression. i did log in the site last night and registered and the email was instant but tried to upload a small pic but didn't happen, was "pending" forever so just canceled it. Hopefully Mega gets running smooth in the next week.

Haven't received the confirmation email either, using a hotmail email. Not even in my junk folder. Worked instantly for my gmail though. Starting to seem biased towards google. :o

However after getting a bad signup code: -9 when using the confirmation email's link, it says my password is invalid when logging in and when trying to re-register it says the email is already in use. :(

registered as soon as it was launched, didn't receive my confirmation to hotmail/outlook, assuming servers were being hammered i left it... tried again this morning, still nothing.

tried with gmail, instantly received my notification.

conclusion: outlook can't be trusted, i don't think i'll be using it for anything important.

Is it just me, or do you get better ul speeds using Firefox? With Chrome, max speeds were less then 40KBs. With FF, I get a normal of 60KBs up to 150KBs.

Is it just me, or do you get better ul speeds using Firefox? With Chrome, max speeds were less then 40KBs. With FF, I get a normal of 60KBs up to 150KBs.

I'm getting the max my connection can upload at in Chrome, 105 KB/sec

After what when down with Megaupload who would store their personal files on this server? NOT ME!

That wasn't their fault it was the fault of the US government. If you want to complain do so with your vote and ask your government to stop bullying people at the behest of it's corporations.

• 1 month later...