• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

#16 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Neowinian Senior

• 3,758 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:06

Comparing trees to humans/sentient beings. Sounds logical!

You mean like this idiot? (Whom people like you have a hard-on for):

http://motorcitytime...-legal-rights”/

#17 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

I'm sorry, do you still exist?

• 1,774 posts
  • Phone: Stock LG Nexus 5

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:14

But I wasn't comparing trees to humans, way to take my remarks completely out of context and use your own to try and put me in my place, maybe you could try something more original...oh wait..........

Perhaps you should speak to whoever it was that made your post prior to this one. They did in fact insinuate that chainsaws were designed for killing trees, comparing them by proxy to guns which are specifically designed for killing living beings. It's become a bit ridiculous that you can't even follow your own conversation. Have we really reached a point where you don't really have anything to add that substantiates the points you try to make, that you feel the need to lie and says you didn't say what you said?

You mean like this idiot? (Whom people like you have a hard-on for):

http://motorcitytime...ights%e2%80%9d/

I'm not entirely sure what your point is. I've never, at any point in time, given an opinion on how I feel about the environment or any of the issues trees face.

#18 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

• 4,271 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:22

Perhaps you should speak to whoever it was that made your post prior to this one. They did in fact insinuate that chainsaws were designed for killing trees, comparing them by proxy to guns which are specifically designed for killing living beings. It's become a bit ridiculous that you can't even follow your own conversation. Have we really reached a point where you don't really have anything to add that substantiates the points you try to make, that you feel the need to lie and says you didn't say what you said?

I'm not entirely sure what your point is. I've never, at any point in time, given an opinion on how I feel about the environment or any of the issues trees face.

I clearly did not lie and I did not compare trees to humans, why is it so difficult for you to understand? You want to make up things and attack people for their remarks. You're deluded in believing your own BS. So typical of an armchair activist.

#19 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

• 1,774 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:33

I clearly did not lie and I did not compare trees to humans, why is it so difficult for you to understand? You want to make up things and attack people for their remarks. You deluded in believing your own BS. So typical of an armchair activist.

If you say so. As they say however, the proof is in the pudding. You very clearly stated that chainsaws were specifically designed for killing trees, immediately after I mocked someone else for attempting the same thing. Even the most basic deductive reasoning would lead one to believe you too were comparing said items. Perhaps another attempt at an English class might help alleviate these types of misunderstandings.

#20 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

• 4,271 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:42

If you say so. As they say however, the proof is in the pudding. You very clearly stated that chainsaws were specifically designed for killing trees, immediately after I mocked someone else for attempting the same thing. Even the most basic deductive reasoning would lead one to believe you too were comparing said items. Perhaps another attempt at an English class might help alleviate these types of misunderstandings.

I did say chainsaws were designed for killing trees and how effective they are at slaughtering "those pesky trees". You refuse to admit that it is you who is taking my remarks out of context and adding your own. And I wholeheartedly agree, an English class would help you immensely, particularly regarding mockery and sarcasm. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink!

#21 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

• 1,774 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:49

I did say chainsaws were designed for killing trees and how effective they are at slaughtering "those pesky trees". You refuse to admit that it is you who is taking my remarks out of context and adding your own. And I wholeheartedly agree, an English class would help you immensely, particularly regarding mockery and sarcasm. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink!

My averages of 95% in English through each year I was in school would beg to differ.

#22 Nathaniel Smith_329019

Nathaniel Smith_329019

Neowinian

• 95 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:09

It doesn't matter to the pro-gun crowd how many people are injured or killed - all that matters is that they're ready to bear arms against an oppressive government. Obviously. :rolleyes:

Are you talking about the people here on neowin or what? Define this croud and bring to light this evidence you have uncovered here. I think if you have a problem come do something about it boy :)

#23 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

• 1,774 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:16

Are you talking about the people here on neowin or what? Define this croud and bring to light this evidence you have uncovered here. I think if you have a problem come do something about it boy :)

And you'll what? Prove that you're clearly not mentally stable enough to own a gun?

#24 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 5,983 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:22

Lol, did he have his hand over the barrel when he unloaded it or something? He deserved it.

#25 Eddo89

Eddo89

Neowinian

• 711 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:24

My averages of 95% in English through each year I was in school would beg to differ.

And you can prove that, how? And it is relevant, how? The world is not about the grades, it is about how you use the skills. I think you did not did your supposed 95% in English credit when you misinterpreted what was supposed to be light humour with no intention of personal attack or agenda except to poke fun at the home depot statement. I guess I could give you the benefit of the doubt, as we all know if you study literature enough there is always something hidden between the lines, but you seem to taken the "oh wait" quip far too personally.

When i read Raze's statement, I chuckled. Chainsaws are very effective at cutting those pesky trees, more so than people and probably more so than anything else. Now it begs the question, what is guns most effective at these.... probably killing organic meatbags of some sort.

As for this, this is a non-issue personally. Accidents happen all the time, just as stupidity. People who were there all are probably pro-gun anyway and it shot what probably is a crowd of pro-gunners. Is not a good look, but at the same time it merely points to need of basic safety knowledge of how to handle a gun as opposed question its place in society. Bringing a loaded shotgun? Really? Maybe it was a pity it didn't unloaded into himself so he stop spreading his genes, unless he felt so unsafe he have his loaded shotgun at the ready. But won't a pistol be faster than unzipping the thing? Who knows, not when it spontaneously discharges.

#26 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

• 1,774 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:57

And you can prove that, how? And it is relevant, how? The world is not about the grades, it is about how you use the skills. I think you did not did your supposed 95% in English credit when you misinterpreted what was supposed to be light humour with no intention of personal attack or agenda except to poke fun at the home depot statement. I guess I could give you the benefit of the doubt, as we all know if you study literature enough there is always something hidden between the lines, but you seem to taken the "oh wait" quip far too personally.

I suppose if you take the entire conversation out of context, what you say makes sense. Too bad the context is there and exists. My grades became relevant when it was questioned. There seems to be some type of difficulty following along with conversations around here lately. If you're going to jump in, at least have the courtesy to follow along. I suppose I could scan my transcript if it would make you feel better, however I doubt it would. You'd probably end up feeling embarrassed and I'm not really willing to dish out the $10 to go pick it up, over an argument on the Internet. For the record, I don't take much of what Raze says personally. He just receives the same response (attitude, sarcasms etc) that he gives.

When i read Raze's statement, I chuckled. Chainsaws are very effective at cutting those pesky trees, more so than people and probably more so than anything else. Now it begs the question, what is guns most effective at these.... probably killing organic meatbags of some sort.

I still fail to see what business a chainsaw vs trees has in a discussion about shootings. The comparison is illogical.

#27 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,722 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:11

And people completely ignore my post. I guess if they acknowledged it they couldn't continue to completely make it seem like it's a bigger deal than it actually is?

#28 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

• 1,774 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:15

And people completely ignore my post. I guess if they acknowledged it they couldn't continue to completely make it seem like it's a bigger deal than it actually is?

I agree with your post, for the most part. However, none of the things you listed is currently being widely debated (Worldwide I might add) due to recent events.

#29 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,122 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:22

Idiots. People hurt themselves with chainsaws, too, but no-one is crying about Home Depot selling them.

If I could go to Home Depot and start one up then your analogy might have some merit.

#30 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,453 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:49

So people getting hurt in WORK accidents with their TOOL of necessity, being a chainssaw, is the same as accidentally getting hurt with a weapon that is absolutely not necessary and has not needed for any work(unless you're in Afghanistan, but then of course your weapon is being provided by your employer, ie the military)