guns shows accident

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

#31 mps69

mps69

Neowinian

• 827 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:55

All these incidents are as the title says accidents, nothing more nothing less. If they were per meditated or deliberate then there would be a story here. Otherwise it's just humans being humans .
To err is human to forgive is Devine.
Having never held or used a gun I will ask I thought when you removed the magazine you were supposed to empty the chamber, isn't this one of the first rules when using guns?

#32 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,815 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:17

No need to blame the guns here. They were doing exactly what they were desgined to do.

#33 Original Poster

Original Poster

Systems Developer

• 3,014 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 20 January 2013 - 13:19

calling BS 5 and 3 different ones? erm major bs calling a set up here ... all these gun accidents and shootings are happening at time the government want them to happen ... im not a massive conspiracy theorist but come on all this stuff happening at the time the government wants guns gone or limited is a bit iffy.... still say they want guns removed so the people dont have the power to resist a take over

#34 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 13:23

calling BS 5 and 3 different ones? erm major bs calling a set up here ... all these gun accidents and shootings are happening at time the government want them to happen ... im not a massive conspiracy theorist but come on all this stuff happening at the time the government wants guns gone or limited is a bit iffy.... still say they want guns removed so the people dont have the power to resist a take over

Wat.

Go read the news, there are news articles every week about either gun homicide or gun accidents.

#35 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,109 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 20 January 2013 - 13:24

The difference isn't that these accidents are happening, look at the stats, they've been happening all the time, its just that they're being reported now.

#36 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 13:26

The difference isn't that these accidents are happening, look at the stats, they've been happening all the time, its just that they're being reported now.

No. It's clearly a government conspiracy, go away with your facts.

#37 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,109 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 13:43

yes, of course :)

#38 McCordRm

McCordRm

http://richardmccord.com

• 3,229 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 13:45

It's downright amazing the lengths people will go to in order
to take away someone else's Rights.

My analogy works because it's true. Just about anything can be used to kill someone,
and the reason we know this is because it has been used to kill someone. According to
multiple sources (don't be a sheep, do your own damn research), hammers have been
used more often than firearms to kill people in the United States. Are they being banned?

Nope.

And the whole "it wasn't designed to kill people" argument is equally stupid: clubs, knives,
axes... these items were invented TO KILL PEOPLE, the fact that they're also used to
break open nuts, slide and dice food, or chop down trees is merely a bonus.

Another reason my analogy works is because it points out that I'm being punished for the
misdeeds of someone else. If the Government decided to Ban cars, then everyone who
owns a car would suddenly become a criminal, not through any fault or misdeed of their own,
but simply because the Government decided it. And then when the Government comes for
your car, you'd cry like a baby at the injustice of having been punished and labeled a criminal
because SOMEONE ELSE decided to drive drunk, or just run someone over out of malice.

#39 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,858 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 20 January 2013 - 14:22

And what about the right for people to go about their lives without being shot? You see, the problem with rights is that one person's rights will inevitably intrude upon another person's rights and it is for the legal system to determine where one ends and another begins. Should people have the right to 100-round ammo drums for machine guns or is the risk to the public so great that they should be banned? Should people have the right to carry a concealed firearms or is that more likely to cause problems? Most other western countries have found a decent compromise but in the US many in the pro-gun crowd continue to behave like petulant children, throwing a tantrum every time someone tries to take away their toys.

#40 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,790 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 20 January 2013 - 14:50

My analogy works because it's true. Just about anything can be used to kill someone,
and the reason we know this is because it has been used to kill someone. According to
multiple sources (don't be a sheep, do your own damn research), hammers have been
used more often than firearms to kill people in the United States. Are they being banned?

Nope.

And the whole "it wasn't designed to kill people" argument is equally stupid: clubs, knives,
axes... these items were invented TO KILL PEOPLE, the fact that they're also used to

Another reason my analogy works is because it points out that I'm being punished for the
misdeeds of someone else. If the Government decided to Ban cars, then everyone who
owns a car would suddenly become a criminal, not through any fault or misdeed of their own,
but simply because the Government decided it. And then when the Government comes for
your car, you'd cry like a baby at the injustice of having been punished and labeled a criminal
because SOMEONE ELSE decided to drive drunk, or just run someone over out of malice.

So how many kids would have died at that Newtown school before the 3 staff members could have stopped a maniac running around with a hammer?
Hammer: at the most one life lost
Gun: 26
Clearly guns=hammers

#41 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 14:54

I think you got that backwards, they were all created as TOOLS but people also use them for killing.

#42 McCordRm

McCordRm

http://richardmccord.com

• 3,229 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 15:05

I think you got that backwards, they were all created as TOOLS but people also use them for killing.

No, necessity is the mother of invention. Weapons are defined as tools, and if there were
ever a reason to invent a new tool it's survival. And survival has always meant killing or
be killed.

So how many kids would have died at that Newtown school before the 3 staff members could have stopped a maniac running around with a hammer?
Hammer: at the most one life lost
Gun: 26
Clearly guns=hammers

Have you not been watching the news? A guy in China killed more kids with a knife (close-combat weapon
no better than a knife) than the guy in Newtown did with his guns. Do your research before you spout out bull****.

#43 OP Secular Humanist

Secular Humanist

Neowinian Senior

• 3,904 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 15:10

Do your research before you spout out bull****.

it is known that some people don't get it. Easier way for you: If you had to kill 20 people in a few mins, which would be the easiest way out of these choices: A) gun B) knives C) hands ? Hope this demonstrates the idea enough.

#44 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,109 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 16:49

Your analogy fails because a gun us made to kill people, and most of them are made to specifically kill people not to hunt. And you're comparing it to a tool, and people getting hurt at WORK, in WORK accidents. not people getting hurt at trade shows and other places with their latest "toy", and yes a gun is not a toy, but that's how it's being used.

#45 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,815 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 17:33

Nope.

It's astounding that anyone would think that this is a reasonable argument.

Military grade firearms are far more destructive than every day house hold items. Hence why guns are used by police & military... & spree murderers. Yes people can kill with essentailly anything, but for quick & maximuim number of deaths, there is no question that a hammer isn't not going compare to an assault rifle. Spree murders wouldn't nesscarily stop with out a gun available, but the amount of deaths would greatly be reduced.

You should note the recent spate of school knife attacks in China. The last of which happened on the same day as the Sandy Hook shooting... Except with 20+ people stabbed no one died in China. Infact if I remeber correct over the last three years there has been 10 such attacks in China in which the total death count is about equal to that in the Sandy Hook shooting alone.