• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

#46 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

I'm sorry, do you still exist?

• 1,776 posts
  • Phone: Stock LG Nexus 5

Posted 20 January 2013 - 21:12

(don't be a sheep, do your own damn research)

Do your research before you spout out bull****.

I'd be more inclined to listen to you if you were capable of doing your own research properly, before accusing others of being sheep and not doing their own. Your mention of the China knife attack is incorrect. There were 23 injured, not killed. I suppose that doesn't really help your argument though so it seems fitting that you would distort the truth.

Even if you take into account the last attack (Monday), one person died. Hardly a "massacre". I suppose maybe the if the attacker had a hammer, he might have been able to do more damage. :rolleyes:

Ridiculous analogies are ridiculous, no matter how well you've convinced yourself. A gun is a gun and it is designed to kill. That is it's main function and purpose.

#47 OP Rippleman

Rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,977 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 21:56

Posted Image

#48 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,838 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 20 January 2013 - 22:14

No, necessity is the mother of invention. Weapons are defined as tools, and if there were
ever a reason to invent a new tool it's survival. And survival has always meant killing or
be killed.

Have you not been watching the news? A guy in China killed more kids with a knife (close-combat weapon
no better than a knife) than the guy in Newtown did with his guns. Do your research before you spout out bull****.

What bull****? I just replaced a gun in that Newtown tragedy with a hammer. It wasn't my analogy to begin with, I just showed how stupid you sound when you compare objects which are not weapons with guns. Oh and now we can use outside/foreign examples? I thought only Americans can opine on second amendment and all foreigners have no place in this debate. So anything happening outside US is off the bounds such as strict gun laws in other countries which have next to no such massacres.

#49 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,360 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 20 January 2013 - 22:18

Have you not been watching the news? A guy in China killed more kids with a knife (close-combat weapon
no better than a knife) than the guy in Newtown did with his guns. Do your research before you spout out bull****.

Do YOUR research before you spout out bull****.

No kids are dead in that Chinese knife attack.

Can't believe you have the audacity to tell other people not spouting bull**** while you spouting bull**** without a blink of an eye.

Don't know which one is worse, your stupidity or you think all those kids are dead.

#50 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,212 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 00:08

Killed or slashed???

http://worldnews.nbc...s-in-china?lite

Here is a list of knife attacks on school children in China, none of which were as bad as the Newtown killings. http://en.wikipedia....10%E2%80%932012)

At least be honest here, slashing kids is bad but killing kids is far worse.

#51 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 00:51

What are these idiots doing with a loaded gun in public? That is just crazy.

#52 OP Rippleman

Rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,977 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:04

What are these idiots doing with a loaded gun in public? That is just crazy.

1)idiots
2)gun
3)public
4)crazy

yup

#53 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,437 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:09

Posted Image

Posted Image

#54 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,195 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:44

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fallacy, NO ONE, has said that all gun owners kill or that guns kill without humans. But without a gun in every persons hand, there would be a lot less accidental and non accidental shootings.

#55 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,953 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:20

Get some f'ing perspective.

Just looking at annual accidental shooting deaths (a number in steep decline in spite of rapidly increasing gun sales) -

312 million people in the US and maybe 320 million firearms in civilian hands (310 million as of 2009.) The 600 or so annual accidental gun deaths make up a tiny proportion of the 125,000+ annual accidental deaths, 18,000 of which occur at home; 6,000 from falls, 5,000 from accidental poisoning, and >1,000 from choking.

Accidental shooting deaths amount to statistical noise.

#56 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:39

It's nice that you can trivialise something like death, gun accidents and deaths are for the most part preventable, but pro-gunners are too selfish to realise. I'm bored of the "omg but home defense" nonsense.

#57 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,953 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:47

I'm not trivializing anything beyond its own triviality. Life is dangerous, no one gets out alive and you can't legislate absolute safety. You'd save far more lives banning chicken bones, bite sized portions, bicycles & mandating everyone wear helmets 24/7 and use walkers, but if you proposed those you'd be laughed off the island. But guns aren't PC in your (IMO silly) circle so they become the target instead.

Get over it.

#58 Ph1b3r0pt1c

Ph1b3r0pt1c

Neowinian

• 441 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 13:05

What I find funny on this site is when some sort of gun accident is posted its the SAME EXACT PEOPLE that come here screaming about how they need to be banned. THE SAME F*****G PEOPLE. WE GET IT. YOU HATE THEM. 75% OF THE US DOESNT. GET THE F**K OVER IT.

#59 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,937 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 21 January 2013 - 13:47

What I find funny on this site is when some sort of gun accident is posted its the SAME EXACT PEOPLE that come here screaming about how they need to be banned.

And it's the same people defending them, which you would have noticed if you were being truly objective. Unfortunately it all seems to boil down to the same point, which is that the American Civil Religion™ defends the right to own guns and that's all that matters. It doesn't matter how many people die or are injured because owning weapons was defined as a right over two hundred years ago. This was a time when they didn't have mains electricity, telephones, nuclear weapons, cars, aeroplanes, antibiotics, birth control or many other things we take for granted; yet they did have slavery.

Society evolves over time and laws and values should be based upon evidence and reason, not the principles of people who lived centuries ago and didn't have access to the knowledge we have now. If the Founding Fathers got slavery wrong then who's to say they didn't get gun ownership wrong as well?

PS - For what it's worth, I don't think that a few accidents at a few gun shows is a legitimate grounds to restrict weapons. But there are plenty of other reasons to do so.

#60 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,825 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 13:48

You know I think your guys are right. I think we need to get over it.

Accidents & spree shootings are just going to happen, I mean it's only a hand full of kids, right? As you said, DocM, more people die choking on chicken bones... So long as folks can bare arms I think we can take the hit.