5 hurt in accidental shootings at 3 U.S. gun shows

555323_10151364180363678_289648795_n.jpg

45513_10151368158588678_541849106_n.jpg

Fallacy, NO ONE, has said that all gun owners kill or that guns kill without humans. But without a gun in every persons hand, there would be a lot less accidental and non accidental shootings.

Get some f'ing perspective.

Just looking at annual accidental shooting deaths (a number in steep decline in spite of rapidly increasing gun sales) -

312 million people in the US and maybe 320 million firearms in civilian hands (310 million as of 2009.) The 600 or so annual accidental gun deaths make up a tiny proportion of the 125,000+ annual accidental deaths, 18,000 of which occur at home; 6,000 from falls, 5,000 from accidental poisoning, and >1,000 from choking.

Accidental shooting deaths amount to statistical noise.

It's nice that you can trivialise something like death, gun accidents and deaths are for the most part preventable, but pro-gunners are too selfish to realise. I'm bored of the "omg but home defense" nonsense.

I'm not trivializing anything beyond its own triviality. Life is dangerous, no one gets out alive and you can't legislate absolute safety. You'd save far more lives banning chicken bones, bite sized portions, bicycles & mandating everyone wear helmets 24/7 and use walkers, but if you proposed those you'd be laughed off the island. But guns aren't PC in your (IMO silly) circle so they become the target instead.

Get over it.

What I find funny on this site is when some sort of gun accident is posted its the SAME EXACT PEOPLE that come here screaming about how they need to be banned. THE SAME F*****G PEOPLE. WE GET IT. YOU HATE THEM. 75% OF THE US DOESNT. GET THE F**K OVER IT.

What I find funny on this site is when some sort of gun accident is posted its the SAME EXACT PEOPLE that come here screaming about how they need to be banned.

And it's the same people defending them, which you would have noticed if you were being truly objective. Unfortunately it all seems to boil down to the same point, which is that the American Civil Religion? defends the right to own guns and that's all that matters. It doesn't matter how many people die or are injured because owning weapons was defined as a right over two hundred years ago. This was a time when they didn't have mains electricity, telephones, nuclear weapons, cars, aeroplanes, antibiotics, birth control or many other things we take for granted; yet they did have slavery.

Society evolves over time and laws and values should be based upon evidence and reason, not the principles of people who lived centuries ago and didn't have access to the knowledge we have now. If the Founding Fathers got slavery wrong then who's to say they didn't get gun ownership wrong as well?

PS - For what it's worth, I don't think that a few accidents at a few gun shows is a legitimate grounds to restrict weapons. But there are plenty of other reasons to do so.

• Like 2

You know I think your guys are right. I think we need to get over it.

Accidents & spree shootings are just going to happen, I mean it's only a hand full of kids, right? As you said, DocM, more people die choking on chicken bones... So long as folks can bare arms I think we can take the hit.

What I find funny on this site is when some sort of gun accident is posted its the SAME EXACT PEOPLE that come here screaming about how they need to be banned. THE SAME F*****G PEOPLE. WE GET IT. YOU HATE THEM. 75% OF THE US DOESNT. GET THE F**K OVER IT.

Typical aggressive response, and you are legally allowed to own guns.......

• Like 2

What I don't understand, in the first incident, why would you be carrying a loaded gun in a carrying case?

The other two incidents are dumbass people who don't follow proper gun-safety.

IMHO, we should go from owning guns to being a privilege, not a right...and at the first sign of being unsafe in public areas with a weapon, your rights should be stripped.

• Like 2

Typical aggressive response, and you are legally allowed to own guns.......

Please, pro gunners on here deal with aggressive comments all the time, hell most of nekkid and ripplemans posts are aggressive. Everyone gets angry, someone scratched my car yesterday and I was ****ed as hell, you think im gonna go shoot people over it? Hell no, i cursed like a sailor and went and bought some touch up paint. Dont try to startthe B.S that because someones post is aggressive means they dont need a gun..

As for this accident, it shouldnt have happened, guns are very dangerous and should be treated as such. Sometimes you cant stop stupid though, no that doesnt mean they should be regulated out of existence.

What I don't understand, in the first incident, why would you be carrying a loaded gun in a carrying case?

The other two incidents are dumbass people who don't follow proper gun-safety.

IMHO, we should go from owning guns to being a privilege, not a right...and at the first sign of being unsafe in public areas with a weapon, your rights should be stripped.

Dangerous ideas have killed millions of people,should the first amenendment be considered a privilege too?

Please, pro gunners on here deal with aggressive comments all the time, hell most of nekkid and ripplemans posts are aggressive. Everyone gets angry, someone scratched my car yesterday and I was ****ed as hell, you think im gonna go shoot people over it? Hell no, i cursed like a sailor and went and bought some touch up paint. Dont try to startthe B.S that because someones post is aggressive means they dont need a gun..

He got angry and started shouting and swearing over something as silly as people questioning why civilians should have guns considering all the mass shootings and accidents. If he gets angry over that is something serious going to send him over the edge?

You might not go shooting people up but other pro-gunners and gun owners might.

He got angry and started shouting and swearing over something as silly as people questioning why civilians should have guns considering all the mass shootings and accidents. If he gets angry over that is something serious going to send him over the edge?

You might not go shooting people up but other pro-gunners and gun owners might.

Relax and stop implying that someone on here might be the next mass shooter, that's disrespectful and rude.

I think its more disrespectful and rude to tell people to shut up and mind their own business, calling us ignorant, kids, subjects and that we live in a police state, just because we don't think everyone should have guns.

Don't give if you cant take.

I think its more disrespectful and rude to tell people to shut up and mind their own business, calling us ignorant, kids, subjects and that we live in a police state, just because we don't think everyone should have guns.

Don't give if you cant take.

Please, pro-gunners on here get flack all the time so deal with it and stop calling people the next mass shooter..

I will call whoever I want, what I want.

I never said he would be a mass shooter, all I was saying that if people can get angry over something so silly I'd hate to think about the people who legally own weapons who have anger issues.

I will call whoever I want, what I want.

I never said he would be a mass shooter, all I was saying that if people can get angry over something so silly I'd hate to think about the people who legally own weapons who have anger issues.

Oh please do, I would love to report you.