Got 660Ti SC yesterday, couple questions

Hey all. Treated myself to the EVGA 660Ti SC yesterday to upgrade from my Radeon 6850. Haven't had much time to play with it but now I'm getting that "I want MOAR!" feeling and am thinking of going to a SLI setup. I play Skyrim a lot with a number of mods and with just Ultra High settings I was able to get consistent 60fps - I am gaming on a 1680x1050 monitor. But, of course, I wanted to try AO and I really liked the changes it brought but my fps took a tumble to ~35-40. One thing I have not done yet is turn on adaptive v-sync, which I'm not sure will help but might as well give it a shot. Would dropping the AF down from 16x (which is default) help at all?

So, regarding SLI, I understand that I can use a different 660Ti card but my question concerns more with what happens if the cards are clocked differently? If I picked up the FTW edition, what would happen with core clocks? Does SLI always clock down to the lower option? Lastly, anyone else with the same card (SuperClocked) have some overclock setting success?

Thanks!

I may be wrong but I was under the impression they have to be the same clock speed so you may need to under clock or over clock one.

As far as only getting 60 fps I imagine dropping the AF down would help a bit. What cpu are you using? Skyrim is one of the more CPU intensive titles out there.

Wouldn't it naturally, like RAM timings, default to the lowest available clock?

Yeah you're right it will.

If the cards have two different amounts of memory it will go with the lower of the two and it will use the slower clock speeds. If you overclock the slower one to Ti speeds or close to and underclock the Ti, that will help as it will definitely recognize the new speeds.

I may be wrong but I was under the impression they have to be the same clock speed so you may need to under clock or over clock one.

As far as only getting 60 fps I imagine dropping the AF down would help a bit. What cpu are you using? Skyrim is one of the more CPU intensive titles out there.

Sorry, using i5-3450.

Thanks for the info, all, on the SLI question. I had a feeling that is how it works, just wanted to clarify. I've been messing around this morning with a little o/c using Heaven and was able to get +50/+350 (core/mem) stable. Can't get much further as the cooling on this card is same as reference. Which is fine. After football today I'll play around some more with Skyrim.