I’ve been a lurker in this forum for a while now and have recently come across the opportunity to get involved, which I am quite excited about!
So the story goes, I am after a logo for a new web hosting company. This is a site that will (currently) be run by myself and a small team of helpers. Below are the more specific details of what I am after. I have tried to use all I have learnt from browsing this forum previously. If I have missed anything or clarification is needed just shout.
- Budget: £50 (~ $80)
– Note funds have been allocated and are available immediately. I know this can be an issue here, so I thought I would do my best to reassure you. This is in the hope that it will not only help you guys out but maybe even entice a few more submissions J.
Details/Requirements – In no specific order
N.B. You guys are the artists here, if you think you can do better by not following a couple of points or have any suggestions, go for it!
- Name: Fidus Hosting
- Format: Vector based
- Font: Free to use your skills to select font but please include font / use freely available font.
- Non industry specific logo that works standalone, as well as with company name.
- Iterations required:
- Logo (primary)
- Business Card
- Site header
- Must work on white (primarily) as well as black backgrounds
- Be monotone-able (black and white) – Hope you know what I mean there!
- Fit in with site scheme – Haven’t made the site yet but it will be clean, using white as the primary colour. As an example please use attachment as a guide (including sub colours).
- Logo should be clean and portray the following characteristics: modern, reliable, trustworthy, responsible, safe (see latin def.- fidus). Wasn’t sure if these were too ‘fluffy’ but have left them there in case they are of any use.
- Example Logos liked:
- http://logopond.com/...y/detail/175032 - Very much like this logo. Like the clever inclusion of relevant letters pxl. Like the mix of colours as well.
- http://logopond.com/...y/detail/186587 - Like this logo, ticks all the boxes.
- http://logopond.com/...y/detail/186591 - Nice logo and text simple, clean, effective
- http://logopond.com/...y/detail/149932 - Nice logo, clean, flowing.
- http://logopond.com/...y/detail/186698 - - Nice logo, clean, flowing.
- http://logopond.com/...y/detail/186544 - Nice shape to it, good colouring, very specific to that industry though
- http://logopond.com/...y/detail/163978 - Nice depth to logo.
- Before I started this list I didn’t really know what I was after. Having looked at the above I seem to like the Gradient/merging of colours. Not sure if this is advisable and it’s certainly not necessary, just an observation.
- FYI, there may be future follow up work associated with this project