14 posts in this topic

Posted

I've just started using firefox 18 for android. When I load the main neowin.net site I get the mobile layout as expected, but when I load the forums it always loads the desktop layout.

Posted

What is your handset and current version of Android? I've just given it a test run on 4.1.1 on a HTC One S (Stock ROM) and I don't get it on the forum either (The News page works fine).

Posted

Get me the correct user agent and I'll add it to ipb mobile list.

Posted

On the Nexus 7:

Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Tablet; rv:19.0) Gecko/19.0 Firefox/19.0

Nexus 4:

Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Mobile; rv:19.0) Gecko/19.0 Firefox/19.0

Posted

Hmm, thats a bit tricky to add, It will want to add the desktop version with that (which is a no no). I'll try to just specify android in general. So if anyone gets the mobile skin and they shouldn't. LET ME KNOW asap.

Posted

I resorted to using the 'phony' addon to get firefox to send the 'Android (Phone)' user agent to get around this problem.

Posted

[quote name='Chasethebase' timestamp='1359372425' post='595484910']
What is your handset and current version of Android? I've just given it a test run on 4.1.1 on a HTC One S (Stock ROM) and I don't get it on the forum either (The News page works fine).
[/quote]

nexus 7 4.2.1

Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Tablet; rv:19.0) Gecko/19.0 Firefox/19.0

Posted

It should use anything with the word android in the user agent. Not sure what you guys arn't getting it.

Posted

I don't know what you did but now I don't get the mobile view on Chrome for Android. Latest build
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='Chasethebase' timestamp='1359720088' post='595494274']
I don't know what you did but now I don't get the mobile view on Chrome for Android. Latest build
[/quote]

still works for me in chrome, but still broken in firefox for me :(

Posted

Do you have the switching option on the bottom....

also use the "send desktop version" option on your phone's browser.to go to the page>clear the cache on the phone>then uncheck the "send desktop version" option. That helps for me when IPB boards get "stuck"

Posted

[quote name='remixedcat' timestamp='1360787609' post='595519866']
Do you have the switching option on the bottom....

also use the "send desktop version" option on your phone's browser.to go to the page>clear the cache on the phone>then uncheck the "send desktop version" option. That helps for me when IPB boards get "stuck"
[/quote]
I tried totally clearing the cache for firefox in the android settings and totally uninstalling it. Still didn't help. When this first started happening it was already on a "fresh install" of firefox too. I had been using chrome and had never even had any other browsers installed. I installed firefox and immediately ran into the problem on neowin forums. The "request desktop site" box is not checked.

Posted

Interesting, Chrome Beta still works for me, I don't know why. Maybe if I cleared my cache then it should work, but I have no idea how to do that on mobile.

Posted

still getting the desktop skin on the forums too (front page is ok).

UA string:

[quote]Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Mobile; rv:19.0) Gecko/19.0 Firefox/19.0[/quote]Phone is a HTC One X.