Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I am looking for a 27 inch monitor

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a 2010 Mac Pro. I recently got a GTX 680 to replace the ATI 5870.

I am looking for a 27 inch monitor, and I like the Apple LED monitors. My only question is, will it work with the GTX 680? It looks like the Apple monitor only outputs mini display port. If I get an adapter, can I run the monitor at its max resolution? I have only been able to find adapters that say 1920x200 is the max.

What adapter/cable would you recommend?

My second choice would be a dell 27 inch. It has four different ports so that will not be an issue.

Posted

I have a 2010 Mac Pro. I recently got a GTX 680 to replace the ATI 5870.

I am looking for a 27 inch monitor, and I like the Apple LED monitors. My only question is, will it work with the GTX 680? It looks like the Apple monitor only outputs mini display port. If I get an adapter, can I run the monitor at its max resolution? I have only been able to find adapters that say 1920x200 is the max.

What adapter/cable would you recommend?

My second choice would be a dell 27 inch. It has four different ports so that will not be an issue.

The Thunderbolt one only takes a Thunderbolt connection, the mini-display port works best with a mini-display port out. I would go with the Dell, myself.

Posted

dell u series

Posted

I ordered the new Dell U2713H myself.

Posted

Hi,

I use the Display-port -> DVI adapter without any issues, to be honest, your options are wide open.