Photo

This has to be one of If not my Favorite band right now.

metal music

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 14,851 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 16:03

Same. I'm not a fan of screamo / whiny music, especially not when it's that heavily produced.

+1

not my favorite sub-genre of metal, but the song was decent. got my attention around the 3:05 mark. my criticisms of this genre are the whiny singing and the constant one-note rhythms. for example, I used to be really into As I Lay Dying, but today it's just too much whiny screaming and repeated one-note rhythms. to those that dont understand screaming in music - you have to look at it from an artistic point of view. it's incredibly difficult to scream well. it should be very guttural and not from the throat. you need to vary the type of screaming to match the atmosphere of the song. there are way too many bands that have a single-tone scream. it gets boring. Take Randy Blythe from Lamb of God: his screaming is some of the best - his intensity, emotion and tones varied wildly from bar to bar. it's also, imo, very impressive when vocalists can seamlessly move from singing to screaming and vice versa.

Mike Hranica of the devil wears prada moves from screaming to singing you'd think it's a different person! Also agree, as I lay dying became to "monotone" Heck even the same riffs en several songs.
Also that why I like The Chariot... they're just raw! Don't sound "produced"

#32 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,106 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1u1

Posted 23 January 2013 - 16:06

meah, it was good until he started growling into the microphone.

#33 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,444 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 23 January 2013 - 16:16

Thanx for the share. It isn't bad. But I'd rather hear this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIqbdnaPcT8

See, that I can actually cope with. It's much more musical and emotive, unlike the pop-metal in the OP. I just hate it when you have monotone screaming and emo/whiny singing mixed together.

Personally I prefer tuneful shouting / screaming, like Manson's less produced stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJuxF9GRIPI

I prefer it when you can actually make out what the lyrics are.

#34 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 16:26

See, that I can actually cope with. It's much more musical and emotive, unlike the pop-metal in the OP. I just hate it when you have monotone screaming and emo/whiny singing mixed together.

Personally I prefer tuneful shouting / screaming, like Manson's less produced stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJuxF9GRIPI

I prefer it when you can actually make out what the lyrics are.

Ugh! Manson? Really? Well, everyone has a taste in what they enjoy. I personally just never cared for Manson.

#35 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,281 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 23 January 2013 - 16:36

Instead of listening to Manson and his forced "controversial" crap, how bout listening to say, Rob Zombie/White Zombie or even better the originator that Manson is still trying to be as good as Alice Cooper

#36 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 16:43

Instead of listening to Manson and his forced "controversial" crap, how bout listening to say, Rob Zombie/White Zombie or even better the originator that Manson is still trying to be as good as Alice Cooper

All great. I agree.

#37 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,170 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 17:00

I saw Manson open for Zombie last summer and Zombie definitely put on the better show. Since he has movie hook-ups, he had some insane stage "props". Manson has a good stage presence too, but he's toned it down quite a bit lately. I saw him 3-4 years back and he dressed like the pope, set a bible on fire, and threw it into the crowd. He does put on a good show compared to bands that just come on stage, play some tunes, and leave.

I also saw Alice Cooper open for Iron Maiden last summer, and he put on a phenomenal show. Huge respect for that guy.

#38 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,444 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 23 January 2013 - 17:08

Ugh! Manson? Really? Well, everyone has a taste in what they enjoy. I personally just never cared for Manson.

Well, I figured that was more in keeping than some of the other music I usually listen to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZeG_A1tPdg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH20vcGOQeI

Was I wrong? :shifty:

I saw Manson open for Zombie last summer and Zombie definitely put on the better show. Since he has movie hook-ups, he had some insane stage "props". Manson has a good stage presence too, but he's toned it down quite a bit lately. I saw him 3-4 years back and he dressed like the pope, set a bible on fire, and threw it into the crowd. He does put on a good show compared to bands that just come on stage, play some tunes, and leave.

Yeah, Zombie is decent too - I wasn't making an either-or statement. And certainly Manson isn't anywhere as creative or relevant as he used to be - he's now a bit of a self-parody.

#39 -Deleted-

-Deleted-

Neowinian

• 204 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 17:24

http://www.youtube.c...bed/i3x_ZggOOoY

Amazing band from the UK, Have some really well written and performed songs. Check out the song This is the Six.

#40 freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

• 2,211 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 17:44

Well here's a pretty sick song that everyone should here. Groovy as hell. :)

#41 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 17:46

Well, I figured that was more in keeping than some of the other music I usually listen to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZeG_A1tPdg

Was I wrong? :shifty:

Yeah, Zombie is decent too - I wasn't making an either-or statement. And certainly Manson isn't anywhere as creative or relevant as he used to be - he's now a bit of a self-parody.

I like the Caribbean Jazz one. :p

#42 freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

• 2,211 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 18:07

That was really relaxing to listen to.

#43 -Deleted-

-Deleted-

Neowinian

• 204 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 21:26

Well here's a pretty sick song that everyone should here. Groovy as hell. :)

Im by no means a massive fan of Korn, but i really don't like what they've become....I know i know its a hipster response...but to me they've gone the way of Linkin Park...Amazing to mediocre/borderline bad.

#44 peacemf

peacemf

T Fizz - now with more bubbles!

• 2,881 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 21:46

rock music???

ewwwwwww

https://www.extrememusic.com/
just listen to anything on there........

#45 thechronic

thechronic

Neowinian Senior

• 2,010 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 21:49

I don't like this music but i don't think it's stupid. Most people label my music tastes as gay lol