'Dredd' Tops DVD And Blu-Ray Sales Charts

'Dredd' Tops DVD And Blu-Ray Sales Charts

2507256-fin06_dredd_1sht_ab3_jpg_154331_super.jpeg

Earlier today Lionsgate revealed that the Dredd went on to sell over 650,000 units and that it "accounted for nearly 50% of week 1 POS at retail." So although the film did very poorly at the box office, it did make up in its sales performance overall, which is a really good thing.

Source

Really enjoyed this film, the slow-mo sequences looked amazing. Hopefully the DVD/Blu sales will be enough to make up their budget and give them a profit.

Yeah, it didn't make much money at the box office, I bet few people even heard about it and maybe lot's of them thought it was a straight to dvd/bd flick? For a movie with a $50 million budget to only pull in $32.7 million at the theaters is not good at all.

It might not be a finacial success, but it's clearly gaining alot of popularity & the money men might see that as an oppurtinity to cash in on a sequel. I think the problem was that alot people thought it would suck, including me.

Terrible film. I really didn't like it at all. I actually thought the Stallone version was better and that's saying something.

Terrible film. I really didn't like it at all. I actually thought the Stallone version was better and that's saying something.

holy moly...

I've read some quantom phsyics stuff, but this is hard to get my head around :rofl:

This movie was a fun thrill ride the entire time. More alike to the comics than the last, but still had a ways to go to reach the same level. I'm actually sad I missed this in the theaters and in 3D. But everyone who I've shown the movie to has liked it.

Yeah I thought it was far superior

I like that it was not so superhero campy like the first one. This was a bit more serious like the real comic. The huge buildings with entire cities (blocks) I know it is just called a block but 70k of people is a city itself.