Teen Planned to Attack Walmart After Killing Family

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#106 NinjaiX

NinjaiX

Neowinian

• 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:50

Tell that to the 10,000+ people who die every year due to gun homicides, and the countless thousands who have 'accidents' with weapons.

Actually, there were 8,583 in 2011 I imagine 2012 is a bit less only 223 of those were by rifles the rest mostly by handguns. Sorry come again?

#107 SuperKid

SuperKid

Im no superman

• 2,513 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:07

Why they going on about GTA and Modern Warfare games in the news article. I play these games all the time but it doesn't make me want to go and shoot people.. :/

#108 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

I'm sorry, do you still exist?

• 1,774 posts
  • Phone: Stock LG Nexus 5

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:08

Actually, there were 8,583 in 2011 I imagine 2012 is a bit less only 223 of those were by rifles the rest mostly by handguns. Sorry come again?

Feel free to post your sources on these. Don't forget to add them all together as well, as a gun is a gun. Makes no difference what type.

#109 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,529 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:10

Why they going on about GTA and Modern Warfare games in the news article. I play these games all the time but it doesn't make me want to go and shoot people.. :/

Scapegoating
Just like music, and movies before that

#110 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:38

'Only' 8583 then. 35 in the UK. Next.

#111 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• 6,512 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:32

But you're not American.

#112 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 13:55

What about the people who take the part of the constitution that declared that all men are endowed with certain inalienable rights, and that "among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" seriously.

Do you think that your rights to guns are more important than everybodys right to not be shot down by a gun owner?

Also why the hell does a civilian need Hydra-Shok ammo, isn't that the ammo that expands upon impact maximising the damage to the victim?

Yes people have the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Why do you take the criminals side and not someone that uses a gun against a murderer? Last I checked a murderer doesnt have the right to take my life either.

Why do I own Hydra Shok ammo? If I have someone trying to kill me I want to put down the threat that is endangering my right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness as quick as possible.

#113 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,359 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 24 January 2013 - 14:26

Yes people have the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Why do you take the criminals side and not someone that uses a gun against a murderer? Last I checked a murderer doesnt have the right to take my life either.

Why do I own Hydra Shok ammo? If I have someone trying to kill me I want to put down the threat that is endangering my right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness as quick as possible.

ROFLMFAO.

#114 Xoligy

Xoligy

Neowinian

• 999 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 14:26

Without reading 8 pages and disagreeing with the majority of posts all i have to say is...

America has a gun problem and it DOES need to be sorted, blaming computer games and everything else is not the answer which is always the case "The teen played violent video games" so what? How many teens play these video games and how many of them go around killing people? You have more nad more incidences with guns than ANY other country in the world "and today a person walked into a primary school and shot 20 people dead", "a mother packed her childs batman bag full of guns" yet there isn;t an issue?

Cmon quit lying to yourselfs go to Guns Anonymous admitting you have a problem is the first step!

Posted Image

#115 rippleman

rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,781 posts
  • Phone: s4

Posted 24 January 2013 - 14:34

oh then, that changes everything, its ok then, debate over... one of the silliest excuses i have have heard.

#116 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 14:41

Do you get many murderers running about trying to kill you day in day out?

I think its hilarious how you think everyone is out to kill you so that justifies using special ammo that expands on impact causing massive internal damage.

You don't care about self defence, only about causing maximum damage to the "criminal" irregardless of what their intent is.

#117 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• 6,597 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 24 January 2013 - 16:16

i like how my honest legitimate question is completely ignored :/

#118 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 16:34

Do you get many murderers running about trying to kill you day in day out?

I think its hilarious how you think everyone is out to kill you so that justifies using special ammo that expands on impact causing massive internal damage.

You don't care about self defence, only about causing maximum damage to the "criminal" irregardless of what their intent is.

When I lived CA there were murders and home invasions daily. I bought a gun because of the dangerous neighborhood that I lived in. I learned the value of firearms from that point on. I also know that you should buy the most effective round as possible because 1. The less it takes to bring down an attacker the better. 2. A murderer doesnt show any mercy while committing murder so I wont either. Why would I want to take it easy on someone trying to kill me.

#119 rippleman

rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,781 posts
  • Phone: s4

Posted 24 January 2013 - 16:54

When I lived CA there were murders and home invasions daily.

getting a feeling you infact did live in fear like you said you didn't.

Is it like that where you live now?

#120 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 17:02

I also know that you should buy the most effective round as possible because 1. The less it takes to bring down an attacker the better. 2. A murderer doesnt show any mercy while committing murder so I wont either. Why would I want to take it easy on someone trying to kill me.

So basically you are putting your morality on the level of a murderer, who cares why they broke in they are clearly there just to murder you, lets break out the hydra-shok and shoot them to death.