Teen Planned to Attack Walmart After Killing Family

I have you wrong then, I assumed you would pull the trigger on the knife/"unarmed" guy. Apologies.

Hydra-shok ammo is still a bit ridiculous for civilian use.

I have you wrong then, I assumed you would pull the trigger on the knife/"unarmed" guy. Apologies.

I've been trying to tell you ever since these gun threads started that i'm not blood thirsty.

As for hydra shok rounds, I dont think so, if I can keep someone from firing a shot at me then I want that advantage, using regular ball ammo it may take two or three shots to take him down all the while he could shoot me. If I can shoot him once and end the threat then thats what I want.

i am NEVER one to agree with king, but I can tell you if someone broke into my house (not breaking in but actually in) I would shoot too and i am even against guns. You don't take chances when you have kids. I would NOT go out of my way to use specific ammo, the plain old farmhouse shotgun is sufficient.

If somebody broke into my house, I'm not going bother finding out why. I'll err on the side of caution and either shoot them or escape depending upon which is easier/has the greater chance of success.

Is that absurd? No.

1. Breaking into a home is illegal which demonstrates that they're not trustworthy.

2. Leaving my fate to the discretion of a criminal isn't an idea that goes over well with me.

3. Don't want to get shot? Don't break into people's homes. Is that too much to ask?

No, just no.

In order to be effective, you NEED a reliable expanding hollowpoint round for defense, the reason behind this is that the expansion will allow the round to deliver the maximum energy to the target, and eliminate overpenetration.

Last thing I would want in a defensive shoot would be to be stuck with FMJ ammunition, shoot, have the bullet pass through the attacker and deliver near zero energy to him, then continue on through a wall or out a window to strike an unintended target. An added consequence is that the target is much less likely to be stopped or even by a round that simply passes through and does minimal damage.

As KC stated above, way better to shoot the minimum number of rounds possible, for a number of reasons.