Teen Planned to Attack Walmart After Killing Family

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#121 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 17:30

So basically you are putting your morality on the level of a murderer, who cares why they broke in they are clearly there just to murder you, lets break out the hydra-shok and shoot them to death.

I find it odd that you apparently take pitty on murderers. Why is that? Why do you feel the need to defend them. A logical person would agree that if someone is in the act of trying to murder you, that should do everything you to fight back . I for the life of me do not know why you would side with someone that would want to kill someone. You act like there isn't a nyone out there that would want to kill someone. Yesterday you said you are fighting stupid with stupid, well the idea that we shouldnt defend ourselves from murderers is beyond stupid.

Why do you think its wrong to use lethal force if someone is trying to use lethal force on someone?

#122 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 18:02

Woooooooosh, that's the sound of my point floating over your head.

How do you know someone is going to murder you, do you stop and ask them?

No, you just load the special ammo and shoot them to death regardless of intent.

#123 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 18:08

Woooooooosh, that's the sound of my point floating over your head.

How do you know someone is going to murder you, do you stop and ask them?

No, you just load the special ammo and shoot them to death regardless of intent.

Stop and ask them while they are shooting me or trying to stab me? So I should say, excuse me I see you are trying to shoot me, are you trying to kill me? Lol thats funny legend. By the time I ask I would be dead.

#124 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 18:10

So, someone breaks into your home. They don't have a gun or a knife, only the item they used to break into your house, they didn't know you where there.

They stand there with the crowbar and you walk round the corner with a gun, what do you do?

#125 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 18:18

So, someone breaks into your home. They don't have a gun or a knife, only the item they used to break into your house, they didn't know you where there.

They stand there with the crowbar and you walk round the corner with a gun, what do you do?

If someone has a gun i will shoot them no questions asked because it only takes a split second for them to pull the trigger.If they have a knife I will point my gun at them and tell them that any sudden moves will get them shot.
I would do the same for an unarmed burglar, because I do not know if they are concealing a weapon. I would hold them at gun point until the cops are called then I would hand them over to the cops.

#126 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 18:21

I have you wrong then, I assumed you would pull the trigger on the knife/"unarmed" guy. Apologies.

Hydra-shok ammo is still a bit ridiculous for civilian use.

#127 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 18:27

I have you wrong then, I assumed you would pull the trigger on the knife/"unarmed" guy. Apologies.

I've been trying to tell you ever since these gun threads started that i'm not blood thirsty.

As for hydra shok rounds, I dont think so, if I can keep someone from firing a shot at me then I want that advantage, using regular ball ammo it may take two or three shots to take him down all the while he could shoot me. If I can shoot him once and end the threat then thats what I want.

#128 rippleman

rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,693 posts
  • Phone: s4

Posted 24 January 2013 - 18:39

i am NEVER one to agree with king, but I can tell you if someone broke into my house (not breaking in but actually in) I would shoot too and i am even against guns. You don't take chances when you have kids. I would NOT go out of my way to use specific ammo, the plain old farmhouse shotgun is sufficient.

#129 Solid Knight

Solid Knight

Neowinian Senior

• 5,140 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 20:03

If somebody broke into my house, I'm not going bother finding out why. I'll err on the side of caution and either shoot them or escape depending upon which is easier/has the greater chance of success.

Is that absurd? No.
1. Breaking into a home is illegal which demonstrates that they're not trustworthy.
2. Leaving my fate to the discretion of a criminal isn't an idea that goes over well with me.
3. Don't want to get shot? Don't break into people's homes. Is that too much to ask?

#130 NinjaiX

NinjaiX

Neowinian

• 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 20:19

Feel free to post your sources on these. Don't forget to add them all together as well, as a gun is a gun. Makes no difference what type.

http://www.fbi.gov/a...de-data-table-8

You're welcome.

#131 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

I'm sorry, do you still exist?

• 1,774 posts
  • Phone: Stock LG Nexus 5

Posted 24 January 2013 - 21:19

You're welcome.

Thank you. :)

#132 SupportGeek

SupportGeek

Neowinian

• 483 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 21:20

No, just no.
In order to be effective, you NEED a reliable expanding hollowpoint round for defense, the reason behind this is that the expansion will allow the round to deliver the maximum energy to the target, and eliminate overpenetration.
Last thing I would want in a defensive shoot would be to be stuck with FMJ ammunition, shoot, have the bullet pass through the attacker and deliver near zero energy to him, then continue on through a wall or out a window to strike an unintended target. An added consequence is that the target is much less likely to be stopped or even by a round that simply passes through and does minimal damage.

As KC stated above, way better to shoot the minimum number of rounds possible, for a number of reasons.

#133 Som

Som

Neowinian

• 758 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 21:29

ya he sounds like an ass just looking for attention, best to be locked away and ignored me thinks....

#134 Solid Knight

Solid Knight

Neowinian Senior

• 5,140 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 21:36

You're welcome.

It's was trending downward.