Windows Store won't launch, "license" issue?

Win+R and type "wsreset.exe" (no quotes)

Did that help any? Also, do you have IPv6 connectivity and all of the latest updates installed?

I tried using wsreset.exe, but it actually spit out the exact same error (in message box form)

IPV6 is enabled (we do use HomeGroup now, since everyone but my mom now uses 7 or 8. And I do believe HomeGroup requires it)

I have been running Windows Update, and everything is updated.

Hello,

Just to check, have you treied uninstalling any third-party security software (firewall, anti-virus, anti-malware, HIPS, proxy and so forth) that filters network traffic and then accessing the Store? Be sure to download a copy of the latest version first, so you can reinstall it when you are finished testing.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Hello,

Just to check, have you treied uninstalling any third-party security software (firewall, anti-virus, anti-malware, HIPS, proxy and so forth) that filters network traffic and then accessing the Store? Be sure to download a copy of the latest version first, so you can reinstall it when you are finished testing.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I uninstalled Spybot before upgrading, and we only use Windows Defender.

Hello,

Was SpyBot configured to block anything before it was uninstalled? If so, perhaps those blocks are still in place, and one of them conflicts with a host the Windows Store is accessing. You could try reinstalling, disabling all of the protection and then uninstalling it to see if that makes a difference.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Not specifically related, but has anyone else found themselves having to manually do a Licence Sync in the Store app as well? Had 4 apps the other day just stop working because the 'developer license' expired - annoying.

• 9 months later...

After hours of trying to find a solution, finally able to resolve the issue. For benefit of others, sharing the two steps I performed:

Step 1: Get rid of the license error

a. Login as a Guest account

b. Copy the folder "C:\Users\Guest\Documents\Visual Studio 2012" to "C:\Users\<UserAccount>\Documents"

Result: The license error was gone. Able to start the Store App but it remained at the Splash screen. wsreset.exe showed a different error "windows cannot find ms-windows-store:PurgeCaches make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again"

Step 2: Get rid of the splash screen and be happy

a. Please run the following in a Command Window to re-register the Store app:
powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-windows_store/just-updated-to-windows-81-and-the-windows-store/c4cf204d-bd99-426c-b800-9c9125ae739c

Voila, after three months finally saw how the Windows Store looks :)

Hope it helps you!