Photo

Paranoid Android's PIE Navigation System Is Almost Out Of The Oven

android rom pie paranoid navigation beta

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:29

Looks kinda cool
(simply an observation)

#17 OP Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 25 January 2013 - 15:03

The Program is called LMT Launcher, even though its not a launcher. you can find it here

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1330150

Just know that the LMT launcher cherry picked PA's PIE interface code from the past few weeks, not the other way around as many users claiming.

#18 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 25 January 2013 - 16:14

I feel like I need to try this out, for sure, but it doesn't look very... useful? Maybe practical is a better word. And you reclaim screen space from what, the tiny status bar at the top that's useful to have showing at all times? The status bar is the one item that stays on the screen at any time and lets you see important info like time, signal, and battery. These all seem like the kind of things that I WANT to see.

Don't get me wrong, it definitely looks cool, and maybe it works better than I'm picturing it. I certainly don't have a problem with innovation in the phone UI field though. This is one of the most unique UI's I've seen yet.

#19 OP Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 25 January 2013 - 16:16

I feel like I need to try this out, for sure, but it doesn't look very... useful? Maybe practical is a better word. And you reclaim screen space from what, the tiny status bar at the top that's useful to have showing at all times? The status bar is the one item that stays on the screen at any time and lets you see important info like time, signal, and battery. These all seem like the kind of things that I WANT to see.

Don't get me wrong, it definitely looks cool, and maybe it works better than I'm picturing it. I certainly don't have a problem with innovation in the phone UI field though. This is one of the most unique UI's I've seen yet.

It has the choice of hiding only the Nav bar and keep the status bar. Remember it's still a WIP.