The Dumming Down of America's Criminals

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) ? Police say three masked men who tried to rob a Chinese restaurant in Massachusetts ran away empty handed because they couldn't figure out how to open the cash register. :s

The men, one of whom had a gun, entered the Peking House restaurant in Springfield at about 8 p.m. Monday.

A female employee saw the gun, ran out the back and called police.

Police say the thieves couldn't figure out how to open the cash drawer, so they took off.

Police scoured the neighborhood but couldn't find the suspects, and the attempted theft remains under investigation.

source

Dumbing down*

Better than highly intelligent, super criminals, no doubt?

My favourite dumb criminal story is some moron who robbed a petrol station, then as he was fleeing noticed a raffle/lottery thing outside so he filled in an entry form and put it in the box.

The lottery had finished and his entry was the only one in the box. The cops were at his house before he was. lmao.

I always thought criminals were stupid anyway. Breaking the law isn't the brightest thing to do.

All criminals are nitwits.

Well technically if you speed you're breaking the law. Does that mean you guys are stupid nitwits too? :rofl:

Yes yes I know what you meant and I'm just breaking your balls.

• Like 3

No they're not. I've seen some documentaries about incredibly sophisticated criminal networks that have taken massive amounts of police man hours to crack.

Well technically if you speed you're breaking the law. Does that mean you guys are stupid nitwits too? :rofl:

Yes yes I know what you meant and I'm just breaking your balls.

highway traffic laws != criminal laws.

No they're not. I've seen some documentaries about incredibly sophisticated criminal networks that have taken massive amounts of police man hours to crack.

In the end they are always caught. Some may be smarter than the rest but a smart nitwit is still a nitwit.

• Like 1

?Not many criminals are that bright anyway. If they were they would be rich criminals.

Aren't you forgetting about white collar crime? Seems like a lot of those ****in' criminals walk free with loads of cash.

REAL criminals ... not these thugs... are some of the smartest people in the world... morals has nothing to do with intelligence