Dead Space 3 will have a bare-bones PC version

I don't think the popularity of the DS franchise is the issue here, more that when EA produced a press release about DS3 they promised that the Frostbite engine would being great improvements.

Most anticipated? I seem to recall they had a hard time deciding if there was even going to be a DS2.

___

Err, nope, but they hadn't planned to release a PC version for a while.

http://www.bluesnews...pc-dead-space-2

A lot of people like the Dead Space series. There is a reasonable amount of hype around it.

Piracy dont seem so bad now does it....even though this title wont even be worth the bandwidth/electricity/wasted calories spent thinking about it.

They wouldn't be making a 3 at all if there wasn't.

Right. So I don't understand why a game published by EA is gimping it when you consider EA is trying to push Origin. You'd think they would want to make DS3 look great on PC to entice PC gamers to choose that platform.

I felt the same way with Mass Effect 3. Not about the pushing Origin bit, but the engine anyway. Still played a ton of it and prefer DX11 games, but with the transition in progress I'm not too annoyed by any specific title. If we still have DX9 stuff coming out next year I'll be annoyed.

Since I played the first 2 now I have to more or less play the 3rd to see how the story goes.

It seems strange considering they said time and time again there would be no graphical difference (And they also said PC gamers were "lucky" that they could even use a keyboard and mouse). Then suddenly they enable screen space reflections, light accumulation, etc. for the PC port.

It seems strange considering they said time and time again there would be no graphical difference (And they also said PC gamers were "lucky" that they could even use a keyboard and mouse). Then suddenly they enable screen space reflections, light accumulation, etc. for the PC port.

Agreed. I'm going to wait for TotalBiscuit's review and see whats really what.

Btw it run at 60fps if you disable in game vsych. Lol i have 660ti sli and i get 40% use when using a frame limiter to 60fps.

At least it have AA, FXAA 3.11 look pretty good.

You can change the settings in the system.txt. My max screen refresh is 60, so I can't set it higher. But if you have higher, try setting it manually. In the system.txt look for:

Window.Hz = 60

and try and set it to whatever your refresh rate is.

I actually didn't have any problems playing ds2 on the pc. I don't remember it crashing on me.

Yeah I dont recall having any problems either. Anyway its not like this is new news, the first two ports were "bare bones" too, but they did run well at least. Only problem I remember having was input lag in dead space 1.