• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,372 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 16:38

Steering clear of this, Im not into shoddy ports

DS1 was...I wouldn't call DS2 that at all though.

I'd prefer a properly kitted out PC port, but it's not shoddy work.

#32 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

• 4,186 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 18:45

DS1 was...I wouldn't call DS2 that at all though.

I'd prefer a properly kitted out PC port, but it's not shoddy work.

Locking down a PC game to console only levels is shoddy. Nuff said.

#33 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 19,302 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 24 January 2013 - 18:56

Well at least I know that DS3 will run great on my old 5770. :p

#34 Breach

Breach

Neowinian

• 861 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 22:45

No surprises here, no PC DLC either, I'm sure.

#35 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,379 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 24 January 2013 - 22:48

No surprises here, no PC DLC either, I'm sure.

Well, there's this:

PRE-ORDER EXCLUSIVES: Pre-order the PC Download version now and get the original DEAD SPACE (available at launch), a host of in-game bonus items, including the Witness Suit, First Contact Suit, Evangelizer Weapon and Negotiator Weapon. More details below.

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/pd/productID.251508000

#36 Lexcyn

Lexcyn

Neowinian Senior

• 6,031 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 24 January 2013 - 22:54

Hate the way things are going with games. Micro-transactions are OK for DLC but in-game items are just stupid.

I'll be waiting until this game goes on sale for $10 on Origin.

It's a shame though... Dead Space is one of my top all time favourite game series (I had no issue with DS1 or 2 on my PC).

#37 Earthworm_Jim

Earthworm_Jim

Groovy !

• 7,558 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 23:14

bull****. I was really wanted to see DS3! but a console quality graphic is not what i paid for. i paid 10x the price of a current console, to truly play at max quality at high res.

#38 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,245 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 23:20

And this is why getting out the new consoles will help the pc side also. When the next gen Xbox games are finally on dx11.1 then straight ports to the pc won't have the same outcome.

That's true, but 5 years after the new consoles we will probably be in the same boat. PC gaming is still good, but it follows the consoles now. The golden age of PC gaming appears to be over (or asleep).

#39 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 23:21

bull****. I was really wanted to see DS3! but a console quality graphic is not what i paid for. i paid 10x the price of a current console, to truly play at max quality at high res.

And your PC can still do 10x the things a console can. People seem to feel entitled to things that actually they aren't. It will still look great and probably be fun. And you still get good resolutions.
Graphics come 3rd to 4th to me in what matters in a game. 1st is gameplay, 2nd is controls, and 3rd depending on the game is story. Doesn't matter how "pretty" the game is, because if it lacks those 3, I wont be playing it long. If I want just pretty with no substance, I'll stare at my GF , jk jk no one tell her I said that :p

#40 hckngrtfakt

hckngrtfakt

GFX n00b

• 143 posts
  • Phone: iPhone

Posted 24 January 2013 - 23:49

And your PC can still do 10x the things a console can. People seem to feel entitled to things that actually they aren't. It will still look great and probably be fun. And you still get good resolutions.
Graphics come 3rd to 4th to me in what matters in a game. 1st is gameplay, 2nd is controls, and 3rd depending on the game is story. Doesn't matter how "pretty" the game is, because if it lacks those 3, I wont be playing it long. If I want just pretty with no substance, I'll stare at my GF , jk jk no one tell her I said that :p

TOO LATE !!! she knows now that her beauty has been objectified. :laugh:

Anyways, while i do agree to some extent that a game should be good based off its "gameplay"
The visuals DEFINITELY play a big role in making the game a more immersive experience.

Think for example if the latest Need for Speed looked just as it did when the original NFS was released
and considering how much money is invested on hardware by hardcore/dedicated gamers
(myself included if i may add) :shifty: just Imagine the PC gaming community backlash & wave of negative
reviews by which the game would be plagued with.

And this is directly platform dependent, like on my 3ds, i buy games because i enjoy the gameplay,
but on my PC, I pay premium to enjoy better visuals, I EXPECT better visuals.

For as good as the gameplay was on DS1, i'm almost certain the game wouldnt've been as succesful
as it was, if the graphics would've looked like the original Doom, or even castle wolfenstein 3d

#41 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 23:52

And I'm sure DS3 will look better than DS2. But apparently if it isn't dx11 and super-HD, people go bat**** crazy. The graphics are still amazing looking.

#42 hckngrtfakt

hckngrtfakt

GFX n00b

• 143 posts
  • Phone: iPhone

Posted 24 January 2013 - 23:57

And I'm sure DS3 will look better than DS2. But apparently if it isn't dx11 and super-HD, people go bat**** crazy. The graphics are still amazing looking.

Yeah, no doubt about that, but when the bar is being set very VERY high with current
as well as upcoming DX11.1 releases, (FC3 and Bioshock)
pc gamers become spoiled :)

#43 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,379 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 25 January 2013 - 00:08

Yeah, no doubt about that, but when the bar is being set very VERY high with current
as well as upcoming DX11.1 releases, (FC3 and Bioshock)
pc gamers become spoiled :)

More like the bar is being set back to where it used to be.

#44 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• 19,458 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 00:19

It's not "being spoiled" to expect a PC port to actually target PCs, DX10/11 at this point should be standard (DX10 was released nearly 6 years ago), high res textures are a given (My 2 year old graphics card has more memory than the 360 and PS3 combined, etc.)

#45 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,992 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 13:17

I agree I wouldn't describe taking advantage of technology to give a better experience as being spoiled, i'd describe it as something game makers should to. Frostbite 2 is a powerful game engine, why undersell it's capabilities.