#16 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

• 799 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 23 January 2013 - 23:51

http://www.macobserv...id_mac_warranty

thats crazy!
second hand smoke! So they open up the laptop and BAM all the smoke comes out and kills the techs!? haha
I understand engineers can refuse to work in your home if it smells of smoke, but refusing to work on a computer due to second hand smoke!?

also, here is the section for OC for my EVGA card's warranty

Overclocking our products does not void the warranty as long as there is no physical damage to the product or missing components. However EVGA Support will not be able to assist you in overclocking the product.

http://www.evga.com/...q.aspx?faqid=55

I couldnt decide what card to go with and went with EVGA specifically because I heard and read good stuff about their warranty

#17 +jamesyfx

jamesyfx

Neowinian Senior

• 8,370 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 23 January 2013 - 23:54

I'm fairly sure Lifetime Warranty just means the warranty lasts as long as the product is still being produced (so it can be replaced if you need a new one).

So if you buy something with a Lifetime Warranty and then it becomes obsolete/discontinued, that's it... Your warranty is kaput.

#18 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:39

I think lifetime warranty means only what the manufacture wants it to mean. If they don't want to honor the warranty they will find some excuse to get out of it. Been there and done that.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!